Sunday, September 16, 2007

Daddy is Coming Home

Two weeks is nothing short of an eternity for a 4 year old. I think I field no less than a thousand questions from Sj everyday. The topics range from profound & thought provoking to the ever popular "will somebody wipe me, I poo-ooped?!". When J travels, I get the usual question, is daddy coming home today? It's not just once, with a simple answer, it's morning, noon, and night. No matter how thorough my answer is, the question always comes back. With tomorrow being the big day, the day J, really and truly comes home, I feel content.

Time really does fly by, even though in the same sentence I can say, it was a l-o-n-g two weeks. Funny how that works. Funny how I giggled a few nights, during J's absence, when I was laying in bed with my arms and legs spread wide open, taking up the entire bed, all to myself. Funny how, in that same moment I wished J were home and I was curled up next to his warm body, listening to his breath, the only sound that puts me into a gentle lull.

No more counting days, it's down to hours, minutes, seconds, until Daddy comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!