Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Power of the Positive

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Have you ever heard someone say something that just resonated so deeply within you? A couple of years ago, I had the priveledge of seeing Oprah speak in Denver. During her talk, she mentioned how she keeps a gratitude journal. Every night before she goes to bed, she writes down something she is thankful for. She believes positive thoughts attract and grow more blessings...How Brilliant.

On the other hand, I am terrible at keeping a journal. I can't tell you how many New Year's Resolutions I wasted on journal writing. I go through the same motions, purchase a cute journal, write in the evening, before bed, have it waiting on my bedside table, all those factors should help me stay strong to my intentions! Ha...what a joke. I think I have a half dozen "cute journals" that end by January 16th. And to top it off, flipping through the pages, all I seem to spew by the pageful are gripes. Hmmm...so if I go with Oprah's theory (and the not so recent popular Law Of Attraction-The Secret) I am attracting more things to get angry about.

Here enters EatPlayLove. Blogging for me, is electronic journaling. Although, I have yet to expose my deepest and darkest secrets.What I know for sure is that this blog is the most journaling success i've had, since about the age of 10. My intention is to leave a smile on my face, some positive thoughts, and maybe they'll be powerful enough to attract some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!