Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's October, you must bake a batch of these delicious seasonal cookies. Yummy Yummy in my Tummy. This recipe has been passed along via moms for a few years now, enjoy and share!

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla (although I usually add a tablespoon!)
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour (I make 1/2 cup whole wheat so they are a bit healthier, more than that is a texture issue)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts of choice/ Chocolate chips (I do both, it's your choice and preference)

Heat oven to 350, combine sugar-brown sugar-butter, beat until light and fluffy.
Add pumpkin, vanilla, egg, and blend
Add dry ingredients, mix.

Drop by spoonful
Bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown edges.

1 comment:

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!