Thursday, October 25, 2007

What Makes Me Different

This Is What I've Come Up With, Just For Fun:

  • I was married on a mountainside with 40 friends/family creating a circle around us.

  • I check labels to see where an item was produced in the world.

  • I think the majority of plastic american toys suck.

  • I drink tons of water.

  • I think Ben Harper is the best musician in the world and I am a member of his website, where I actually post.

  • I gravitate to clothing and shoes that are unique.

  • I blog.

  • I eat as much organic food, meat, and produce as possible.

  • Our children share our bedroom with us (gasp!no,she didn't say it!).

  • I buy ridiculously expensive shampoo & conditioner.

  • I don't envy McMansions or other people's things for that matter.

  • I know what a fixed gear is.

  • I have my nose pierced, still!

  • I can't eat meat from a regular grocery store, it weirds me out.

  • I drink tea, mainly chai.

  • I exclusively use Seventh Generation (or the like) cleaning products.

  • I don't thrive on being one of the same.

  • I have challenged myself numerous times to use my library card more than my debit card in a week.

  • I am a 5'11 woman.

  • I will own a successful business someday.

  • I long to live in Italy and speak the native tongue.

  • I think the Tour de France is the best sporting event in the world.

  • I use Canvas Bags.

  • My child has never eaten a Happy Meal, we prefer Good Times.

  • I take care of the majority of our home maintainence.

  • I think Walmart sucks (although I don't boycott it).

  • I won't buy anything that contains high fructose corn syrup (unless it's a beverage when I am out to eat!).

  • I don't care to spend long durations away from my children.

  • I don't shower every day and I only shave every few.

  • I use an Apple computer.

And the list could go on and on..Thanks for making it this far!

It seemed rather appropriate to add this! Too funny...

8 comments:

  1. Ok, we are trying to start something here. Come up with your own list and post it NOW!! It can be 5+ things, I am excited to see what happens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I am open-minded.
    2) I don't believe in diets. I think exercise and eating, fresh, preservative free foods are the key to looking young and feeling like a million bucks.
    3) I believe that trying new things, new foods and meeting new people are essential to individual growth.
    4) I do my best everyday to try and not sweat the small stuff.
    5) I enthusiastically enjoy every single holiday and always make a big deal out of each one.
    6) I am constantly making up songs to get my kids to do things for me.
    7) I get excited about grocery shopping. I love strolling down the aisles of quality grocery stores.
    8) I'm a good listener.
    9) I am a survivor of a dysfunctional family.
    10) My husband still makes my heart skip after 12 years of marriage.
    11) My children are the best thing I've helped create.
    12) I seriously consider having my own restaurant someday.
    13) I have a lot of patience.
    14) I love reading books that inspire me or teach me about positive outlooks on life.
    15) I love to laugh as much as I can.
    16) I have a weakness for cooking magazines and cookbooks.
    17) I firmly believe in Dr. Oz.
    18) I want to learn how to play the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing!....19) I want to do a blog someday too!~ Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) I believe in magic
    2) I meditate and also love celebrity magazines like US
    3) I genuinely love to clean and my biggest material attachment is my vaccuum
    4) I believe that anyone can accomplish just about anything no matter how far fetched it seems
    5) I just wrote my first children's book, just got the idea six days ago, and had never thought of writing one prior to that
    6) I am not very practical eventhough I pretend to be
    7) In fact, I am naive
    8) In fact, some would say I am a total princess
    9) I am actually OK with all of this
    10) I am also an obsessive nurturer
    11) I too sleep with my children and they are far from babies
    12) I think that if everyone feels how they are special or different it could greatly reduce stagnation, fear, health, and money problems
    13) Love, Keri

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I don't drink soda except for rare occasions.
    2. I just planted garlic and now I smell like a wonderful Italian restaurant.
    3. I don't believe chocolate milk is not a healthy substitute for soda.
    4. I am afraid of birds and fish.
    5. I love staying home with my kids and never feel bad that I am not saving for my retirement or social security.
    6. I like barnyard animals and their smell does not bother me.
    7. Sweet potatoes are my favorite food.
    8. I don't care if my children get dirty, there is plenty of time for clean.
    9. I don't base my self worth on cooking or cleaning (I am beginning to like to cook now and I honestly do like to vacuum) or being the world's best mom, but instead I am trying to appreciate life, finding the humor in it, and remembering to love my family for who they are NOW...this is a daily struggle.
    10. I hate to grocery shop. I would rather go to the dentist.
    11. I LOVE going to museums of all kinds, especially living history museums.
    12. I have a hard time keeping my thoughts to myself.
    13. I can't sit still and have the attention span of a flea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving it already! I suppose I could post my top 5 things that make all of you different as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) I am still a punk rocker at heart despite the fact that I am a suit by day.
    2) I am fiercly independent.
    3) I enjoy high culture and low brow culture equally.
    4) I still have a Myspace account.
    5) I love being outdoors, even in the opressive Texas heat.
    6) I work on myself as much as I work on my business.
    7) I have a minimalist aestheic.
    8) I think JK Huysmans is the best author ever.
    9) I have a very good memory.

    -greetings from the ATX!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1) I love to travel
    2) I can speak french (and Scottish!)
    3) I once lived on an island with only 500 people.
    4) I didn't learn to drive till i was 28
    5) I too take care of most of the home maintenance
    6) I love to read mathematical books as much as fictional ones.
    7) I love baths
    8) I am extremely double jointed
    9) I used to play field hockey
    10) i wonder every day why we pay taxes and yet can't vote!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!