Tuesday, November 13, 2007

the GIFT that Keeps on Giving

I have a penchant for magazines. I prefer most of the house/lifestyle magazines such as Real Simple, Everyday Food, Domino, Wonder Time, and Cottage Living. I have been lucky enough to secure a position with my wonderful girlfriends to get their downstreamed junky magazines such as People or US weekly (which I don't buy). Magazines are always a refreshing departure from the usual pile of bills or mortgage re-financing offers which cram our mailbox weekly.

For Christmas, last year, Sj was given Highlights' High Five, which is the new magazine targeted for age 2 to 6 year olds, by the forevered cherished Highlights. I call it the gift that keeps on giving because it always seems to show up on one of those, "we need a distraction" kind of days. It contains, stories, poetry, some spanish vocabulary, a younger version of my favorite-hidden picture, and activities. This month's High Five had a super fun activity in back, which we already completed. It was cut outs to make a little village on brown lunch bags. We didn't have any brown lunch bags, so we made do with the bags we had here. Take a peek at our finished product.

Just in case you have a little one in your life that you need a gift for, check out Highlights, and give them a little gift each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!