Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas MeMe

Yes, you've seen this email and you're welcome I didn't forward it to you. I saved mine for today and I am also going to consider this my monthly, What Makes Me Different Post, a day early.

Enjoy:

Wrapping paper or gift bags? both? I always wrap Christmas gifts, the girls each have their own paper from Santa, although sometimes he needs to borrow ours.

Tree--Real or Artificial? Always real until this year. Pre-lit with adorable pine cones, totally lured me to the other side. And the parched trees of Colorado dropping needles by the second, drives me bonkers.

When do you put your Christmas tree up? Depends on the year. This year, umm, the other day. Last year, the day after Thanksgiving. Our tree tradition, no tradition. We'll see next year, now that we have a re-usable tree, fancy that.

When do you take the tree down? Gosh Don't say take it down already, I just got it up! I'll be over it by next weekend, just before January 1st.

Like egg nog? Horizon Organic Low Fat, yummy...

Do you have a nativity scene? No.

Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my collection of Strawberry Shortcake Dolls or Cabbage Patch Dolls, the super hard to find, knock the person over in front of you-run to grab as quick as you can, Cabbage Patch.

Hardest person to buy for? I don't have a terribly hard person to buy for. I like a challenge.

Easiest person to buy for? My 4 year old, hands down. Everywhere I went, I could have picked her up something, easily. I had to restrain myself on many outtings.

Worst Christmas gift? Probably items from the dollar store or random clearance items.

Mail or email a Christmas Card? Photo card every year from Costco, although I was really bummed by the quality this year, next year I am going to try Shutterfly.

Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Polar Express.

When do you start shopping for Christmas? End of November, on-line.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, to Good Will, not to someone I knew.

Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Green Olive & Pimento Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery, Cookies, generally anything that would be considered indulging.

Clear or colored tree lights? Clear, although in the past we have put blue lights on our tree out front, they match our snowman's scarf. I know, I am a dork.

Favorite Christmas Song? Sleigh Ride. A few years ago, I heard Ben Harper on Muzak in the Gap singing a Christmas Song, but I can't remember what song it was, it would be my favorite.

Travel during Christmas or Stay home? We've stayed home for 9 years now. Traveling to the Northeast in December is about as much fun as visiting Arizona in August. Missing our family is the bummer.

Can you name Santa's reindeer? Maybe, in a pinch. J did to win a free Starbucks Soy Latte, just a few weeks ago by naming all the reindeer. Lucky him.

Angel or Star on Tree top? It's an angel sitting on a what resembles a snowball, although Sj calls it our Tree Fairy. Must be the sparkles.

Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. We did allow Sj to open a Christmas Book on the Eve.

Most annoying wonderful thing about this time of year? We get to spend the week together between Christmas and New Years and J doesn't have to work. His office shuts down. That's what I always look forward to. Who wants to dwell on annoying things! Oh, yeah and the after Christmas bargains, I love a good bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!