Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What Makes Me Different-Vol 6

Oh just for the fun of it, my monthly What Makes Me Different Post is featuring photos. Yes, too much time on my hands. A little nap with the girls, left me with tons of energy in the wee hours of the morning.



My favorite children's cartoon is Charlie and Lola. Pink milk, Soren Lorenson, & all sorts of fun, just keeps me as tuned in as my 4 year old.






My daily caffeine fix does not come from coffee.I've always loved tea. I am particularly fond of 3rd Street Chai,produced locally in Boulder. I recently printed out some recipes to make chai, we'll see how it turns out.




Wednesday evenings, you can find me on the couch watching Top Chef Season 4. Love it.






Both of my daughters have Italian first names.





My oldest daughter's name means Star in Italian. Boy, we couldn't have picked a more perfect name for my little performer.






My second born daughter's name means Jade in Italian. This gem is regarded as a symbol of the good, the beautiful and the precious.








I can't seem to escape my germ neurosis, which has been so wonderfully developed being a mom. So an item I carry at all times is hand sanitizer. I use it so regularly, that my 15 month old requests "bubbles" when we get in the car. Train them early.










Sometimes when I daydream about living in foreign cities, I often wonder what I would be like to live in a city that has such a deeply ingrained bicycle culture. It's hard for me to fathom more bicycles than cars. What a beautiful thing.





The pace of a smaller community is so appealing to me. There's a town close by that always sits fondly in the back of my mind. I wonder if I'll wind up there someday. It's close to Boulder, but feels magically remote.






I once had a painting displayed in a museum in New York. That's mine right there, front and center. Red Cloud, green trees. It was a collage. I wonder what happened to that part of me?





Don't ask me why, but I love the ritual of paying bills with my checkbook. I don't pay them all by check, but I haven't gone exclusively on-line with my bill paying. I enjoy taking a moment, examining bills with detail, spelling numbers, how often do we write out numbers these days? It's good to keep that part of my brain functioning.






Oddly enough. I don't really care for massages from strangers. Not really sure what that's all about, but I can only relax if it's my hubby working out the knots in my shoulders or back. For some reason I just can't let go, naked on a table, with someone I don't know touching me. I must work on this one.


Feel free to think about how wonderfully different you are. Give me some insight with a comment.

7 comments:

  1. Where can I find that chai? Since giving up coffee (sob) I'm on the lookout for a good chai...does it come dairy free? Please? LOL!
    I swear I'm fumigating the house...
    I hate writing checks, but that's because I have horrific handwriting; sometimes even I have a hard time reading what I just wrote.
    And I have the name of a killer massage therapist. I've been going to her for close to 2 (or is it 3) years. She is fanfreakingtastic. So if you need one, I'll share her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Charlie and Lola! My nieces watch it and I think it is soooo cute! I just love their little british accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Charlie and Lola too!

    Very cool about your painting being displayed. Go find your inner artist again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing beats charlie and lola. I like the cheque book thing too, one day i will have to be able to teach my kids to do it so best to know how and not forget!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Charlie and Lola too! That Chai tea looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool idea!

    I can't handle the whole massage by a stranger thing. Makes me nervous, and defeats the whole purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super neurotic about germs too! Immediately after shopping, we ALL get "germy cleaner"!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!