Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Junk in MY Trunk

Yes, I said it, Junk in my trunk. Probably in your trunk as well. While I could post a picture of the real junk in my trunk, I am going to keep this much more friendlier and show you the contents of my vehicle. Now, after I did the purge, I realized it wasn't so bad. Recently, I have been taking a few random things here and there back to their appropriate home, but there were still too many things lingering around. I needed to do the official purge.

With the increasing price of gas, did you know that for every extra 100 pounds of junk you carry around you can lose about 1-2% fuel economy. Yes, I lug around an extra 100 pounds easily.

The Trunk:
Two strollers, one single, one double. Sunshade for backpack, but where's backpack- oh in the garage of course! Grocery bags (must have!), clean shopper (super must have!!), paper towels, extra clothes, winter vest, husband's courier bag..on and on!

The Junk:
What's not going back- mirror for when GL was rear facing, oodles of cd's, sunshade, 3 blankets, newspapers, catalogs, random toys, trash, empty cups. Believe it or not, I didn't find one old diaper...Wipe my brow!

So for all you fellow bloggers, emptying out the contents of your itty-bitty purses for the web, I challenge you to get rid of your extra vehicle baggage and save some money! Send me the link! Let's screw Exxon, Mobil, and Texaco one mini-van, SUV, or sedan at a time!

Now I can actually "clean" my car! Trust me, it feels good.

11 comments:

  1. post Moab trip gas guzzlin' mama mobile is going straight to the spa, right now I am just collecting coffee cups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I know you'll hate me, but I'm happy to say my minivan is free of junk. Just the stroller :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I actually feel clutter free for once. Life gets so much easier when you are not lugging around strollers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I love that you have moved from purses to places you can REALLY pack in the junk. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing in the van but what needs to be there. That said, I told Tom for Mother's Day I wanted a new windshield and my van completely detailed. It took awhile to convince him I was totally serious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stroller/carseat/baby accessories purge helps a lot. My life got MUCH easier when I was no longer lugging all that stuff around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a lot of big stuff in my car, just a lot of rubbish (literally).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate to break it to you...There is nothing in my car. I'm a bit obsessive about stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright, fine..apparently I am the only person that doesn't keep a tidy car. I bet you can only imagine what chaos can happen in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you'll be happy to know mines is just full of rubbish, mainly kids and hubby's. Our other car is even worse as i hardly go in it therefore it never gets cleaned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so not alone. Here's the junk from my trunk (and the rest of the SUV). Really, it's on my to do list.

    http://shesjustanothermanicmommy.blogspot.com/2007/10/we-cant-have-nice-things-2-car.html

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!