Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One More Try...

Well, you see it seems as if mother nature is calling my name. Or maybe it's Uncle Biological Clock, tick tick tocking. Long ago, I romanticized about having three children. With two girls already gracing our family, it's time to try for the boy. Now that GL is 15 months old, it's time to get my uterus back into action.

I've started doing my research on the internet, on how to get pregnant with a boy. I've found loads of resourceful websites with great ideas. I have to feel certain about which ones will be most effective before we start, I don't want to jinx this conceiving a boy thing.

So, here are some of my secret "conceiving a boy" notes:

  • My gender selecting book says to have sex on the day you ovulate, use a position that offers the deepest penetration. The woman should have an orgasm since the waves can help pull more semen into the uterus. Also lots of foreplay because there is an alkaline level in the vaginal secretions that tends to favor male sperm.

  • Change your diet to include lots of red meat, salty snacks, and cola soft drinks.

  • Let your partner initiate sex and focus on his pleasure. Legend says if the man climaxes first, you’ll conceive a baby boy.

  • Schedule your lovemaking sessions for odd numbered days of the month.

  • Have sex at night, preferably when there’s a quarter moon in the sky.

  • Have as much sex as possible, since many people believe more boys are conceived during the “honeymoon” phase of a relationship.

  • Have the man drink coffee before sex, since this causes the sperm with Y chromosomes to become more active.


Go Blue!!

6 comments:

  1. Or...you can have one of mine. Seriously. Because J is driving me batsnot crazy this morning.
    Get the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" if you don't have it already. I followed that book to the letter and got two boys. I should have gotten the book "How to give up your Type A personality and just trust that you'll get pregnant and hey! maybe you'll get a girl!"
    You're braver than I am, girl! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used the Shettles method and it worked like a charm. I was skeptical at first, but I think the key to gender-selection is knowing when you ovulate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh, I got nothin'. I had no idea there were options:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that is a dirty april fool's joke. (either that or your just as INSANE as i am.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this an April Fool's joke? If not I think it is extremely exciting, and I can pass down all of my boy stuff superheros and all. Love, KS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...are you foolin? If you really want a boy, I'm with laughtinatchaos...you should try one of ours out first. Might change your mind!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!