Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sat Her Day

When I was first getting into the swing of things blogging, I would start a new post and save it. Sometimes it would take me a few days to get back to that post to publish it. I typically would put the day in the title box and always, never deviating, I would put Sat Her Day, for Saturday. Don't ask me why.

Funny enough today is my day. Well, kind of. I'm going to a luncheon at a nice local hotel, to hang out with hundreds of other Moms. Daddy will be in charge for a whopping, 6 hours today. And, I will have no children tugging on me or demanding something Right Now, for 6 hours. Wow! We are all members of local chapters of a fabulous organization called MOMs Club, or better known as Moms Offering Moms Support. I joined Moms Club when Sj was around 6 months old, with the encouragement of a good friend. I'm glad I did. I was initially a bit out of my comfort zone, but in a short period of time that quickly changed.

It's been 4 years now and I've met so many people, made some great friends. We obviously have the mom connection, but it's funny, random groupings simply by our children's age has turned out to provide a group of friends that I see a few times a week, close playmates for my daughter, and a shoulder to lean on.

There's nothing better than feeling like you aren't doing this alone and with a group of moms around you, that feeling just sort of melts away.

This year, I have been serving on the Board, which is all volunteer as secretary aka, the cake walk.There are all sorts of Urban Legends surrounding board positions and the time it consumes. I just chuckle when I hear that. It is what you make it. Balance is simply the key to any volunteer position. We HAVE to attend a monthly board meeting, last month it was at a Pub, where I enjoyed lovely food. Ooh, twist my arm, tough, tough. Then, I am the contact once or twice a month for an event. Typically, I am the walk contact, I loved to get in stroller time with the girls, and provide encouragement for other moms to get moving.

I know other moms that have moved around and find it difficult to make connections in a new area. There are thousands of Moms Club chapters around the world! Visit the webpage, make some connections, give your child an opportunity to socialize, you'll feel the stress start to subside when you have friends to make the days go by.

Dues in our chapter are $20 for the year, $15 for renewing members. We even offer financial assistance if needed. There's nothing to lose!

Well, I'm off, to go chat and laugh with a few hundred women. OOh, now that's what I call an Estrogen Fest.


  1. I joined in when Dylan was 10months old and although it's great for him to be amongst kids his own age it's great for me to get to make great friends! I totally agree with you.

    It's also fun because it's a bunch of women and there's ALWAYS some sort of drama going on. Can't escape it. It's just like high school...and SO entertaining!

  2. Have fun! I'm so glad to hear that you're actively involved. That's really great. It is so nice to have that support. I don't know what I would've done without all of you when Ms. E was born.

  3. we await news from the luncheon....

  4. Great blog! I am adding you to my "must read" list.

  5. Wow, I need to check this out...I really need something like this!

  6. Moms clubs seem to be really big in Colorado. There are several here in Thornton.

  7. I really should find a MOMs club, too!


I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!