Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring In My Step

Lately, I have suppressed my desire to own every pair of shoes that delight me. I have plenty of shoes that make do. Practical, cute-but practical, athletic, snow season, warm weather, and sexy-but not so comfortable shoes. With the change of weather, my shoe radar has been going off. I maybe had in the back of my mind, it would be nice to pick up a nice new pair of spring kicks. Now mind you, I haven't been actively seeking out new shoes.

But..they have found me.

I was teasing myself with a walk down the size 10 aisle at Last Call! Neiman Marcus Outlet. I always look at the shoes on our visit to the Colorado Mills, a couple times a year. I never, ever find anything. I love slipping my toes into exorbitantly expensive shoes, taking a stroll down the aisle, over-examining in the mirror. I usually get a raised eyebrow from my hubby and a those work for me glance. 99% of the time, it's a no. Typically they hurt like no tomorrow. Or the heels are high enough that I would have to duck my head walking through a doorway. Yes, I'm 5'11" so high heels aren't a mainstay in my shoe collection.

Then I tried on a pair of the softest, cutest shoes I've seen in quite sometime. Ooh, I thought. Look at the details, you could tell they were hand made and have beautiful accents of linen and natural leather. They were so comfortable that I didn't want to take them off.
The original price for the shoes was $225.00, which basically equates to the total cost of my closet full of shoes. But did you catch the Outlet part? Well, they were marked down to $108.00. Still steep. Then I noticed a faded blue stamp, my eyes glanced at the % off color coded discount chart, 75% off lowest marked price. Well, this purchase is a no-brainer, I must buy them.

Could it be?

The steal of a century?

I walked out of the store with the cutest spring shoes, for $27.00 with tax. With tax.

Just found them on Zappos for $185.

Do you notice an extra spring in my step?

And..for you shoe fanatics, those extra special, too delightful to pass up details...

7 comments:

  1. You really know how to attract the right things at the right prices. Very interesting karma you have and completely cute shoes. Love, KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoes and what a screaming deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i though i was doing good with the $10 North Face pants marked down from $60 at REI yesterday. love the shoes. mine are jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh those shoes are soooo cute! I love flat shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.M.G. Love them! :) I'm shopping with you from now on! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!