Friday, May 30, 2008

Maybe She Was Born With It, or Maybe....

Today just so happened to be one of those days, that had a slight stir about it. I decided to take the girls out this afternoon, even though I knew in the back of my mind, that I should have stayed home. Our outting pushed back dinner, no big deal right? Well, kind of because we had to be out of the house by 6pm, to make a very special, 8th Grade Graduation in Boulder.

With that said, there was a bit of a mishap right between the water boiling and the macaroni being placed in the pot.

The girls were running around the upstairs, through the bathroom into the hallway, into my bedroom and back through the bathroom. Round and around. I envisioned someone falling or hitting their head on the doorway. I was bumped a few times.

All the while, I was curling my hair with a very hot curling iron. Then out of sheer dumbness, I started to put on mascara. Don't ask me why, I wear mascara about once a month, I guess with May ending in a couple of days, I thought I should get my mascara quota in for the month.

Yes, girls running, screaming. Yes, water is definitely boiling by this point. And yes, I started to apply mascara.

Apparently I was functioning at about 75% of normal mental capacity, because I was disappointed in the eyelash curling job that didn't take affect on my left eye. So after putting my mascara on, I used the eyelash curler.

Please don't try this at home.

Sj stopped running, just in enough time to bump my leg while I was using the eyelash curler. I lost my balance. In that moment, that little ill fated moment, the curler came away from my eye in a forceful manner. I felt like I had just waxed my eyelashes. I opened the curler, that was closed when it left my eye, to find it full. Full of my precious, fine, never had enough in the first place, eyelashes.

Not good. Not pretty.

But please get a good laugh from this photo, if my husband was in town, I would have him take a better photo than this. Yes, my eyes are hazel.

Now my only question is, how the hell long does it take for eyelashes to grow back? Guess I need to go with a sweeping bang look.

22 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOO!!!! I am hurting for you! I freak out with the eyeliner; absolutely certain that one of my running-around-like-a-maniac girls will bump me and I will stab my eye with the stick. I'm so sorry. I share a room with the electrologist at work. I'll ask her how long it takes for them to grow back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I'm so sorry--that must have been painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, i am so sorry, god i hope they grow back quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH NO!!! That sounded really painful! What about false eyelashes next time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch!!! That sounds painful! All for a bit of a curl to the lashes. sigh...
    Hope they grow back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh geeze, that sounds painful. Do they grow back? Not to alarm you or anything. I suppose they do or we would all have bald eye lids. I hope they grow in quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy moly that SUCKS! hope they grow back in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Should only be a few weeks. I know from experience. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! My eyes are watering just from reading that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH no! I feel for you, my eyelashes are so short and stubby! (And my boys' eyelashes are long enough to jump rope with!) Yeah, false eyelashes are probably the best way to go. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like something I would do, not you! Sounds quite terrible and unfortunate. Love, Keri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, poor thing! Thanks for sharing your life lesson. Now I know to never do that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhhh OWWWWW

    Weirdly, I have had phobias about wearing dangling earrings and using eyelash curlers for as long as I can remember.

    Thank you for pushing my phobia about the second into a full blown neurosis.

    ReplyDelete
  14. holy moses girl! go google "how long does it take eyelashes to grow back?" right now.

    pretty eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ow! I have to ask, did you manage not to swear? If there was ever a moment when you deserved to...

    I have to say, your dexterity impresses me, but I don't think I'll try to copy this move. Do they make Rogaine for eyelashes?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh heck. That is terrible!!

    I guess this would be a good time to experiment with the false eyelashes that are so popular....

    ReplyDelete
  17. What are the chances?? It seems the odds for winning Power Ball must be better than losing your lashes to a disastrous mishap!! I'm sending you serious "grow back lashes" vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aye yiy yiy! I feel your pain man! KDV

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!