Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Recipe Club, Come Join Us!

The house is about to be brimming with food, moms, and children. I am hosting recipe club, the theme is appetizers. It's a monthly event we have in MOMs Club on our calendar.

I am making Bruschetta with a recipe from my dear friend, Love2Cook, who should be here today! Instead she is loving life, chasing her two kids around, in our Nation's Capital. We miss you, we'll be thinking of you with our full tummies.

Roma tomatoes (as many as you want) chopped
basil (as much as you like )
red onion - I add about 1 tablespoon finely chopped
garlic (1-2 cloves)
balsamic vinegar - 2 tablespoons
extra virgin olive oil - 2 tablespoons
salt
pepper

Mix everything together and marinate in the fridge for as long as you want. As you let it sit, the flavors meld together better and it's really delicious. Serve with toasted bread of your choice. I like baguette slices. I also use the leftovers for pasta. It's a really great spring/summer dish.

Here it is:


Here's the Spread:

We ended up eating-" 6 ingredient" 7-Layer Dip, Potstickers, Veggie Pizza, Buffalo Dip, Bean-Avo Dip, Tortilla Rollups, and the Bruschetta! Yum! I definitely have happy belly!

9 comments:

  1. darn snotty noses. sorry to miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm....add some fresh mozzarella and you've got my favorite dish EVER. EVAH. Mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'll be thinking of you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my yum. : ) Unfortunately, I have a date with a personal trainer tonight. I anticipate much butt-kicking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly, I'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything was so good - i seriously need to get that recipe for the pot stickers. Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  8. imagine how good that would be if you grew your own, tomatoes,basil,garlic, and to be a little mex ,some fresh cilantro

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to try this the next time my mother-in-law visits. Won't she be impressed!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!