Today's the day that I reveal, 13 Uninteresting ...aka Boring Things about myself. I was tagged by Kristin H. over at Jilli Java and The Garden of Eden...
1. I have 3 older brothers, which all live within 5 miles from the house I grew up in where my parents still reside to this day, I however live 1,800 miles away.
2. I loathe unloading the dishwasher, but don't bat an eye at a big pile waiting to be loaded.
3. I never like the way I look in eye make-up, although next month I will be getting a little help from some ladies at Sephora to work through this problem.
4. I was a strict vegetarian for about 10 years or so, now I am just a strictly natural meat eater.
5. The equivalent of nails on a chalkboard to me, is the sound of someone trimming their toenails. Eeew. Might have to do with my disdain for feet.
6. On the fourth of July about 14 years ago, I pierced my nose. I still wear it.
7. I've had two volunteer positions this past year, Scholastic Book Clubs for Sj's entire pre-school and Moms Club Secretary. Within weeks both of those positions will be over. My love of stapling will be suppressed.
8. I have a love of Apple Computers, I have never owned a Microsoft based PC.
9. I wear a tiny silver ring on my pinky, it's been worn on that finger for at least 20 years. A couple of years ago I thought I lost it, but it turns out I had used it as a marker when knitting a hat.
10. There's a funny part of me that goes into EMT mode when I am awakened in the middle of the night by a seal like barking cough, although I have no formal EMT training.
11. I would love to find a cute pair of sandals for the summer.
12. There is a can of paint waiting to be used on my bedroom walls sitting in a closet upstairs. I've had it for 5 years. How depressing.
13. My work ethic stems from my upbringing, I can work just as hard and get just as dirty as a man. No problem. Then I can shower and put on a dress and feel very girly.
So now, I am tagging The Clothesline andCarpediem-Love2Cook to take this one and have fun with it!
This other MeMe was a fun one, I was tagged by Domestic Accident. I feel proud to actually recall what I was doing 10 years ago, I will admit they were some pretty big life changing events.
4 Things I was doing 10 years ago-
1. Graduating from college with a BA in Anthropology (I took the long winding path to a degree), although I skipped the actual University Of Colorado Commencement ceremony.
2. Preparing to get married in 2 weeks.
3. Living in my favorite rental in downtown Boulder.
4. Taking the best dog in the world on a hike everyday.
4 Things I was doing 5 years ago-
1. I was about 5 months pregnant with Sj.
2. Packing up my classroom in anticipation of not returning to teaching after giving birth.
3. Living the dual income, no children lifestyle, meals out all the time, buying whatever my heart desired, sleeping in, treating my dog like my child, all those things. Seems like lifetimes ago.
4. Earning a salaried paycheck.
4 Things I did yesterday-
1. Took GL to the doctor for her cough, where she was totally freaked out once again by her doctor. Oh and where I found an empty vial of vaccine in the parking lot next to my car!!!
2. Texted with a friend that’s out of town on a business trip.
3. Stuffed envelopes and mailed 45 invitations to a Moms Club bbq.
4. Fell asleep for the second time while watching Becoming Jane.
4 Shows I like to watch-
1. Top Chef
2. The Hills (yes, it’s true, why? you wonder? I really don't know.)
3. Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
4. Everyday Food on PBS
4 Things I Love to Do:
1. Bake and cook.
2. Spending time with the man I’ve been in love with for 17 years.
3. Snuggle my girls in the morning.
For this one I am tagging Welcome To The Circus and The Soapdish, to join in on the fun!