Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just One of Those Moments

A few weeks ago, the four of us were walking out of a store together. The girls were in the double stroller, being pushed by my hubby. It had just been raining all day and if I do recall, it was sprinkling just a bit in that moment. As I picked up my pace to get to my car as quickly as possible, I turned my head to get a glimpse of...

My husband and the girls careening swiftly straight towards a huge puddle. Where he proceeded to push them through it, splashing close to knee deep water everywhere. All the while the girls were laughing and screaming with delight. And of course my husband had a huge grin.

In that moment, as in many fleeting moments, I realized how fortunate my girls are to have such a wonderful father. Because I know damn well, I would never give them such delight, delight of a simple splash in a stroller. I am way to practical for that.

So thank you hubbs, for giving our girls the taste of adventure, we adore you for it.

Happy Father's Day!

11 comments:

  1. Such a daddy moment!

    Happy Father's Day to your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Those daddy moments are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. That is such a great story! We get such a wonderful glimpse of your hubby from that story.
    Happy Father's Day to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Husband would have done the same thing...Dads are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. It's wonderful when the hubbys compliment our own personalities and give our children such a balance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daddy's are the best for that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is soooo sweet. I love that they have that relationship filled with fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those "Daddy Moments" are priceless.

    Happy Father's Day to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, mine would do that too. Dads rock! Glad you got yourself a good one! Hope you had a nice Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, what a sweet story! Definitely worth getting a little wet for that one. :) I hope he had a wonderful Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Father's Day to J, he's a great dad.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!