Friday, June 6, 2008

Some Rings and a Kiss

We all know that time passes faster than we can grasp these days. Well, for me anyway. Long gone are those coveted dog days of summer. Sometimes, I wonder where does the time go? Is it passing too quickly to really relish in the beauty of the time we have?

But honestly with the passage of time, marks the milestones, the achievements, the WOW moments. Take for example today, today marks ten years that I was married to the love of my life. We sent out some invites to our closest friends, invited our families from New York and Vermont, rounded up some food, a cake, and a photographer and called it a wedding.

I often joke with my husband that he is very fortunate he married me when he did. Young and carefree. When you could throw a wedding together for a few grand. A beautiful wedding that really cut to the core of what marriage ceremonies should be. Not a show, but a union. A coming together of two people committing to spending their life together. I was never much for the Cinderella story, nor was I a little girl that had dreams of how perfect my wedding would be. For us the mountain top, the circle of loved ones, was just perfect. Not FairyTale perfect, real life beautiful.

Today we will take our girls back to the spot, the spot where we shared our love for one another and sealed it with some rings and a kiss. A kiss that was almost forgotten...That's a story for another day. And I will once again look into my love's eyes and give him a kiss and remember what a beautiful day it was. And the days that have followed, all 3,650 of them, give or take a day or two.

I wore my mother's wedding dress, that didn't need a stitch of an alteration, just a tender cleaning. Sugarloaf Mountain, Boulder, Colorado. 

20 comments:

  1. happy anniversary, and it's such a great day today i hope you have a great trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is just beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to marriage. You have me all misty eyed.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I hope you all have a wonderful time today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!
    I wore my mom's dress too, the one she wore 40 years before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful day, although didn't it start with snow? You have so much to celebrate, and a beautiful accomplishment. Have a truly wonderful anniversary! Love, Keri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww . . . hope that dress lasts a few more generations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh -you've made me all teary now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy anniversary!
    what a beautiful story and reminder of your love...
    personally, i think that should make up for the gift issues from your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet story. I love the simple pureness of it all - this is truly what real love is about. You look beautiful in your Mother's dress! Happy Anniversary and cheers to many more thousands of days together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a fairy tale to me!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet, lovely photo.

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a great story. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a wonderful story. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!

    What a gorgeous picture. I love that you wore your mom's dress and it just looks timeless...

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - CONGRATS on ten years! How wonderful that you wore your mom's wedding dress and it fit perfectly. V sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! You look beautiful. How neat that you can take your girls to that spot, what a special moment. Happy belated anniversary, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww...this was so sweet...my husband and I celebrated our tenth this year also.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You guys look the same and are still happy, that's GREAT.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!