Saturday, June 21, 2008

will she, Knock The Ball Out Of The Park?

Baseball and summer go together like hand in a glove, they are just meant to be. I spent the majority of my summer vacations at the ball fields watching my three brothers play baseball, from a toddler well into elementary school. And eventually one summer, I had my big break. For more details, read this.

So this year, at the ripe age of four and a half, we decided to indoctrinate Sj into the world of organized sports, but even more importantly T-Ball. I gave soccer a thought, a passing thought mind you. I enjoy soccer, but where I grew up, soccer is a fall sport. Playing soccer over baseball in the summer would almost be considered sacrilegious in my family.

Our local T-Ball league is only six weeks long. Every week on our way to practice, Sj comments on how she's going to knock the ball out of the park. That's my girl. Funny enough she's a righty, but she bats lefty and my eyes just open in amazement every time she gives the ball a good solid whack. The biggest excitement from two weeks of playing was that she tagged a kid out last week. Once again, that's my girl.

Here she is in action:
And here I am, 28 years ago with one of my big brothers, classic, I tell you!

10 comments:

  1. after last weeks collective team melt down (it was 95 and 2 in the afternoon) I am hoping that this week's game goes better. not to sound negative, but our coach sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Glad to hear Sj is enjoying her sport. Love the picture of you with your bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the retro pic! Too cute. Hope she makes it out of the park...but that park looks pretty big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW CUTE IS THAT FINAL PIC!!


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your daughter's pink and green outfit! So glad she's having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad she is loving it, and i love the family pic, very cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love team sports...but it seems my girls are only into swimming and tennis so far...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love TBall - and you're right, it is such a spring sport...I would have a hard time signing my kids up for soccer in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pics are terrific! Can't wait to watch my little guys play good old T Ball! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!