Sunday, July 6, 2008

Brainard Lake Rocky Mountain Majesty

*Please click on photo for a better view!

Less than an hour drive from my home is an incredible Mountain getaway. For $16 bucks a night, we had this view about 30 seconds from our campsite. The photo features Brainard Lake and with the help of some software I stitched together about eight photos to create this panorama.

We had a wonderful time and honestly I can't wait to return. The weather was a bit chilly at 10,300 feet the first night, but the second night wasn't so bad. There was still snow at our campsite, so it made for a wonderful distraction for the girls.

Snow in July, wearing shorts. You just have to love Colorado. Details to follow.

9 comments:

  1. Campsite as in "pitch tent here," or campsite as in "cabin with hot and cold running water?" Because that makes all the difference for me. LOL!
    And I love the new header with spring socks! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo makes me want to visit Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time, can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like heaven to me...When can I strap on the skis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man that sounds like PERFECTION.

    snow in july wearing shorts.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lets all go next time, except I have the not so easy going variety of children. I do think the outdoors helps in that department though. Love, Keri

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful view! PS, I love the new header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cant believe sj is so tall shes gonna ne like 6-4

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!