Thursday, July 10, 2008

Recording My Sloth-Like Nature

In the past, I've run, attempted to run, walked than ran, sprinted, ran, or just moved at a pace that would be considered sloth-like to most physically fit humans. But that's me. I'm okay with that part of me. I have never attempted a particular pace while running, say for example something completely ridiculous like a SIX MINUTE MILE. Holy heart attack, I do live at 5,500 feet above sea level folks.

Honestly, for me moving at the pace of a snail running, is just about getting out there. Clearing my head, blaring music at a safe level, letting go, listening to swear words to my delight, like Damien Rice singing about how the, loving is good if your dick is made of wood, which I have to totally agree with, but also sensor during most of my days with two little girlies in tow. Catch my drift?

Then in a bizarre way a new fandangled method to record my workouts just sort of aligned in my universe with out me having to seek it out. Last summer, I was fitted for a pair of Nike (not my first choice) running sneakers they were perfect. Then I notice they have the Nike + iPod slot in the left shoe. Guess what, my hubby had just gotten a new iPod. All I needed was the sensor. I had a gift card, so guess what I bought. Yep, the sensor. So now, I can workout with my hubby's iPod and the Nike running technology.

It plays special mixes for me, that I would have never thought of myself. Tells you how far you've gone, calories burned, and even talks to you. How cool is that. When you plug your iPod into iTunes it links you to the Nike website where millions of miles have been recorded. Where I go and lurk in awe of the physical fitness of so many of the participants.

This is what a work out last week looked like. 2 miles. I don't just run, I have been influenced by boot camp, so I do lunges and side steps, hills, and just mix it up. No where will you find the amount of time it took me to complete 1.96 miles. That's for me to know and well, for you to never find out. Feel like lurking, too?

15 comments:

  1. Fun. I need new shoes, I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm training for a marathon....to be completed at a sloth pace also..=) I'll have to look into those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on doing my running shoe shopping within the next week. This post will be filed away for reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My shoes need replacing...does this work with any iPod?
    And...I need an incentive...wanna sloth run the Broomfield Days 5k with me? Two months from now; I might actually be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah o.k. my baby sis mother of 2,,,,, do u think that tard is biting off dave matt?? its like incest u get nothing but retarded songs after a few generations of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! Good for you! That shoe sounds fantastic. What a great motivator. I feel it's all about getting your body MOVING regardless of how fast or slow you move. At least you're doing something and not sitting on the couch just thinking about it. But you are DOING, that's what matters! Keep it up girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for a very lovely laugh this morning regarding the Damo quote. Running is a bit overrated anyway, says the former running addict. Love, Keri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're just meant to do this. And it sounds like you have really cool new toys to help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband has been suggesting I get this. Does it work with the iphone too?
    Great run--I am holding off most outdoor activity til we go back to double digits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really cool. It's great it records your miles as well--makes it easier if you're training.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I have heard of this...but never seen it. Not quite sure what it does? As far as sloth...I respect anyone who gets out there! Plus, to the sloth...you probably seem really fast;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love Damion Rice and love getting out to run. good for you! enjoy it. I would love to hook my sneakers to my ipod but i can't do Nike, they always have hurt my feet. wish they didn't though becuase would love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. couldn't leave a comment about your tour post but have to say we watch the entire tour at our house too! my husband is also a HUGE cycling fan and a cyclist himself. our hubbies should ride together! enjoy the last week.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!