Thursday, July 24, 2008
Thursday 13: Mile High Music Festival Observations
1. Going to see live music when you are not totally obsessed with the musicians is a huge load off and quite fun actually. People talking, screaming, singing along, no problem with me!
2. Rodrigo y Gabriela, a guitar duo from Mexico City, are incredible musicians.
3. Although we all know he's got a shy, sensitive side, I firmly believe after all his boobie comments, that John Mayer is one kinky guy behind closed doors.Here he is at the Festival, covering Van Halen's Panama sans t-shirt. More live show footage here.
4. People look awfully silly taking photos at night from the very back of a crowd of the stage. What is the point of that?
5. Overheard by a young male, obviously already intoxicated at 4pm, "Dude, I can't make it anther 4.5 hours to see Dave".
6. People I would have called dirty hippies a decade ago, with long white boy dread locks, now rock Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses. Gosh, where have I been?
7. The festival was at our local soccer complex, so I kept expecting to see David Beckham. Keep dreaming.
8. $8 beer on a hot day is delicious.
9. Traffic does not have to be a huge cluster when you are attending a festival with 49,999 other people. I kid you not, we hit no traffic. Still amazed by that.
10. Food on the other hand was a MAJOR cluster.
11. If you see a fellow blogger waiting in line, that you email with, but haven't met yet, just say hello. I didn't and I wish I did now.
12. Ben Harper should have played. Damn him touring in Europe.
13. Free tickets made the day better than anticipated. So did my friends. Thanks for a fun time! Finally a girls DAY & NIGHT OUT all rolled into one.