Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Thursday Thirteen Camping We Go Story...

ONE car loaded up to the gills. We're off to the mountains, around 10,000 feet to be exact, for a little adventure with our TWO girls who have been rearing to go. THREE days camping, not a hotel in sight. It feels wonderful to know the FOUR of us are finally getting away, escaping our cellphones, laptops, televisions, and google reader.

So what exactly are we bringing? FIVE must have favorite stuffed animals, of course. The new SIX person tent, which was a brilliant father's day gift. Probably no less than SEVEN varieties of snacks. In all reality, enough food to feed a family of EIGHT, I am assuming. I like to over do it in the food department, especially when we are one long bumpy road and miles from civilization. NINE beautifully colored crayons and paints galore, to keep our artistic juices flowing. I hope the TEN activities I packed are enough to keep us busy over the next few days. Certainly there will be collecting of beautiful natural treasures, at least ELEVEN rocks.

TWELVE o'clock departure time. Off we go for THIRTEEN hours of sunshine to fill our lazy days!

8 comments:

  1. I hate camping, but you seem to love it so I hope you guys have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative post, I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's creative!! I hadn't thought of doing a TT story! Nicely done! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have agreat trip sorry i got back to yu about the mat too late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so creative--love it :)

    I have to admit--I detest camping. For me, camping is when you can see your car from the hotel window ;)

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make camping sound like so much fun. I can't wait to try it in a few weeks with my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love camping. Have a GREAT time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!