Saturday, August 30, 2008

Daddy, Can You Come Home?

Dear Daddy (and hubby)-

It's been two weeks since you have left for your business trip to Los Angeles. We understand the movie is almost done, but we think the time has come for you to just hop on a plane and come home. Our problem is Saturday mornings just aren't the same with out you. Remember how you make better pancakes then Mommy does? How your special blueberry syrup hasn't graced a plate around here in ages. Well we do. And we miss it.

Oh and we miss you, too.

See another problem is, you like to play Prince Eric, and mom won't play Prince Eric. Mom has to be Ursula and mom really dislikes having to role play being a big slobbery witch. So instead she just wants to do crafty projects, which means I don't get my fair share of energy out. Then I can't fall asleep. Then I get all weepy, staring at pictures I collected of you on my nightstand and wonder when you will finally be home. Do you know 16 days is an eternity to a child?

Oh and we miss you, too.

Did I mention Mom is really boring at bath time. She doesn't play all those silly bath games with us like you do. She just wants us in and out, bath time is all business. Boring.

Oh and we miss you, too.

Please come home, Tuesday is so far away!

We love you-
Your Girls

---

19 comments:

  1. So sweet. The best part is always sweeing how excited they get when daddy finally comes home.

    Oh, and I'm not doing anything next Saturday so I'd be totally available to join you for pancakes with blueberry syrup. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes my heart melt :) They are so sweet. I'm sure J really appreciates the love and the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my babies I miss you too!! this makes me sad to read but also very happy that my trip is almost over and I will be home in 3 days. I love you!
    -daddy (hubbs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there baby, Tuesday's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet!

    Just a couple of more days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe . . . is anonymous REALLY daddy?!?!

    If so . . . what a guy!

    And only three days. So sweet.

    And isn't mommy sweet for doing this even if she is boring at bath time and won't play Prince Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! And just think - NEXT Saturday? Those special pancakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stoppit. -You're making me sad. I don't see my husband near enough these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those mommies--all business ;)
    Daddies always seem to be the fun parent--cute letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wont be long now, what a cute picture of the girls...

    ReplyDelete
  11. this so made me laugh and **nod** in recognition (and think how adorable they are).

    hang in there!

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I suck at pancake making as well.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I miss him! That was so incredibly sweet. Glad he'll be home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, they are so adorable. Hurry home, daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are my hero. Two weeks is an eternity with children. My husband is leaving for 3 days and I'm quaking in my boots.

    Hope after the happy reunion, you can slip away for a massage or some quiet alone time. Perhaps some tea with your neighbor?

    ReplyDelete
  16. He must have melted! I saw his comment...so cute...print it out and put it in their baby books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaawwww. That's sweet :) My kids feel the same way when their dad is on extended trips. He is WAY more fun than I am. And I'm kind of like you with the bath time...

    ReplyDelete
  18. . . . and I'm reading this Tuesday, so I hope you're celebrating a happy return!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!