Friday, August 29, 2008

How To Be The Best Wife Ever...


Me? The best wife ever? Yeah umm, that one may just be a stretch. So no lessons here my friends, but I am sure there are thousands of women successfully blogging on the topic. It's those little moments when I kick ass, that I think I should be acknowledged for them. 

Way back in April, tickets went on sale for my hubby's favorite band, Radiohead. Now, let me share with all of you, that I have what I refer to as, ticket karma. I could go on and on, but one of my favorite ticket karma stories was when I scored Ben Harper tickets to the Fox Theater two years ago and I had DIAL UP internet connection. The Fox Theater is basically a bar and the place I first saw Ben live way back in 1997. Both shows were magical to say the least.

Back to Radiohead and being the best wife ever.

On this fateful April morning, tickets went on sale through the UK Radiohead website and the actual onsale time was aloof. Radiohead seems to have a penchant for messing with Americans when it comes to tickets. My hubby tried for awhile to get tickets, but gave up. This is where Super Wife Sweeps in to save the day. I went down to my computer and was surprised that my heart was not racing out of my chest. Typically my heart pounds when I am in the moment of buying tickets and my adrenaline production spikes. I tried a few things, retrieving old screens and finally I was able to get through to purchase the tickets. At most it took about a half an hour. For the record, I would have never walked away if it was an on sale for Ben Harper or Oprah Winfrey in Denver for that matter.

Unfortunately at the time of purchase, we had no idea where the seats were. It was a crap shoot. Patiently we waited for some sort of confirmation as to the actual seats. Turns out lots of patience later and the seats were the most coveted in the Hollywood Bowl, Pool Circle seats. POOL. See below, that dark purple circle right next to the stage, that's Pool. Now would my husband taken seats in W2, why yes of course. But he didn't have to because his wife has a little something known as ticket karma.

That's how I became the best wife ever. I am hoping for a little special gift when he finally returns from his long trip to Los Angeles next week. Hoping.

---

13 comments:

  1. Yes, D, you are in fact, the BEST WIFE EVER. My husband is in posession of the same Ticket Karma as you. It is truly a gift..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extreme Skiing? Hell No. ONLINE TICKET BUYING? What an adrenaline rush! You are hilarious, and yes, you scored major brownie points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great wife you are! I'm sure he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great--ticket karma is something to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What unbelievable seats! Will you marry ME?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow :) You just rock (more than Radiohead if you ask your lucky husband I bet!)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm calling you the next time I need tix for anything. I'd say that's some stellar karma you've got going on, and that's one lucky husband who gets to reap the rewards!

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ARE the best wife ever, even if only for the duration of the concert! Present? Oh yes, you deserve one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This doesn't establish you as the best wife ever, it is one of many things you do that maintain your status as the best wife ever. the show rocked, and I felt pretty cool looking back at the crowd and seeing Tobey Maguire and Heather Graham seated way behind me. A cherished memory and much needed distraction from work, thanks babe!
    -hubbs

    ReplyDelete
  10. so next time i need tickets i know where to come to! WOW, very nice Karma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crap, should have had YOU get my DNC tix! LOL
    And he'd better come home with something good for you! Something shiny and purty and worth being gone for so long!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!