Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh How Nature Triumphs

Although, I have completely let go of Mrs.C.O.B. ripping out the flowers from my garden, I had a sweet laugh from Mother Nature this morning when I was watering my garden. I spent some time re-vining the remnants of my Scarlet Bean plants after the incident last week. I placed the vines on a secondary fence I had (thank you). I walked away, wondering if I had just wasted my time.

Everyday, I was sure to keep watering the vines. I didn't really know what would become of the remaining plants, if they were ruined or if they had some energy to grow anew. 

This morning, little scarlet buds reappeared. After the wrath. Nature triumphed and I had one heck of a smile. Take that Mrs. C.O.B.!!!

The Aftermath, wilting torn vines:

Now, nature laughing with me. 


---

21 comments:

  1. Yeah! And I admire you for not letting her get to you. We would probably be sitting around at night plotting our revenge...possibly in the form of nighttime plantings of poison ivy in her yard? Okay - maybe not, but we would definitely have fun talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! And I admire you for not letting her get to you. We would probably be sitting around at night plotting our revenge...possibly in the form of nighttime plantings of poison ivy in her yard? Okay - maybe not, but we would definitely have fun talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwha ha ha ha ha ha ha! (maniacal laughter.) You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a bigger person than I am. I would NOT have been able to let it go as you have. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! How are you? I'm Debbie, a fellow foodie! I love your blog title and picture. I'd love for you to stop by. We can dish about family, food and friends-my 3 favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, that's right! The best revenge is to just look GOOD and be happy! My mom always says that, and here, my friend, is a demonstration!

    Much better than my motto, I suppose, which is the revenge is best served cold, preferably with some hideously defamatory words burned into your driveway with bleach...

    Well done, Mother Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smiling with you! your very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That woman really is crazy--those flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!! The flowers are beautiful! Good for you for not letting her get the best of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! You and Mother Nature are quite the team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice. Way to go nature. Give it to her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Mother Nature. She's a tenacious one. I have a feeling you are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is awesome. Hope the secondary fence works out. Personally I would have given the regular fence a little extra "juice" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, YES! I have a strong urge to go ring her doorbell, put my thumbs in my ears and waggle my fingers back and forth, stick my tongue out and chant 'neener neener neeeeeeener'.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!