Friday, August 22, 2008

Ummm, Mom Can I Have Your Credit Card?

Well, my life changing decision to go back to school has kicked my reality in the ass. Today is the day, I go mingle with other newbie education graduate students. Luckily for me, I will know some of the staff as I was a very tenacious work-study during my last tenure at the University Of Colorado, a decade ago.

This time around my experience is a tad bit different. I have to pick up Sj from school, drop her back home with my parents, and then run off to campus. I still haven't gotten my student id, and HELLO I am dying for a movie discount or a free bus ride. I won't be a leisurely stroll from campus, speaking of which, where in the world am I going to park?

And believe it or not, I might kinda forget where the EDUC building is. I suppose pregnancy and nursing did me in as far as remembering things like locations of buildings on campus. If I have time after my meet and greet, with some a short advising session, I'm gonna hit the bookstore. One class, one hundred dollars worth of books, gulp. Maybe I'll ask for a grant from my Mom to float me. Umm, just kidding, I am thirty something. No, I'm not, hope she'll hand over the visa.

Now, I am off. I won't go into the details of how I am a bit nervous. I didn't stay up late planning my outfit, I am simply going with the flow. Lucky for me, I don't need to impress the others. Hopefully, they'll accept me for who I am. That's college the second time around, which feels good.

Eek.Details to follow...

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on going back to school!

    Does this mean you will not be attending any keg parties? I understand CU is famous for them.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for taking on school post kids--good for you!! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'd love to go back to school, but lack the guts right now. I can't wait to hear how it all goes.

    Did you get a new Trapper Keeper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! :) You're going to have a great time as a returning student! How'd it go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god - you're living one of my recurring nightmares. That I'm back in school and I can't figure out what building I need to go to. Of course - I've already spent hours of my time searching for my uniform skirt (these are definitely high school dreams) - so it's no wonder I can't find anyone to help me.

    I really admire you going back to school with all of your other responsibilities. Good luck! (and I mean that in the enthusiastic way - not the snide way).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!

    I'm finishing school via online classes, and that's hard enough. Can't imagine walking back on campus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! You are brave - and you can do it of course. Just think how much better your focus is than all those kids with keg parties on their minds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! You are a great role model for your girls.
    I have always wanted to go back to school but I kept getting pregnant....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you!!!


    I've actually thought about going back too. Now that all my kids are in school full time it's possible. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOORAY!!! I am SO, SO excited for you and I think it's FANTASTIC you're doing this! You are one of the reasons I decided to go back :) When you blogged about school, that got my wheels turning "hey I could do that." So, I think it's GREAT!!! And what a great role model for your girls and hubby :) Can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having problems sending you an email but I'd love those American/Italian blog links!

    I'm getting ready to leave for vacation but I can look them up when I return! Thanks!

    Tammy

    thopgood1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to hear all of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you!! I've been working on my MS for a year now, but I went the online route. I hope she gave you her credit card. Will she buy my books too?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are going to have a GREAT time! Keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck!!!

    You're gonna be such a great student :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally hope that it went well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I know exactly what you're about to go through and you will love and hate it simultaneously but it will be worth it in the end. Enjoy it and however hard it may get keep going!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. CU Boulder has the same population as the entire town of DURANGO! Needless to say, I got lost on the college tour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome. Congrats on your first day. This is sooo awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!