Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chasing Paper

Last night I started looking for a sheet of paper. Problem is I don't remember exactly what it looks like, but I do recall it's about the third of a full sheet. Maybe it's blue. Or maybe it's white. This sheet of paper is worth a few hundred dollars, so it's definitely worth getting my hands on it. The value of this paper is also what complicates my situation.

Sometimes when papers are important, I have a habit of putting them in a special place. Not in the basket where all my bills go for safe keeping. Even though I've double checked it hasn't appeared in the "to be filed" stack, umm or small mountain taking up the front side of my file cabinet. Shame on me. My special place has escaped me. Damn those special places.

After a couple of attempts with different lovely customer service representatives, I tried getting an electronic version of the paper I am desperately seeking, but no can do. Administrative jumble is what I received. Oh and we'll send you a new one, in 5-7 business days. Well, for the record I needed that piece of paper last night.

Time to move forward, empty handed in my paper chase. My files are in an upheaval, but I suppose the universe is just begging me to deal with them anyhow. Off, I go to file paper, silly paper,ridiculous amounts of statements, and probably even shred some paper. At this point, if I find that blue voucher, I might just rip it to shreds. Silently screaming, I must go.

All I can ponder is how many trees were harmed in the making of my paper chase?

14 comments:

  1. anglophilefootballfanatic.comSeptember 17, 2008 at 11:28 AM

    I hate it when I put something someplace safe & then can't remember where the tar that was. I do it all the time, too. From a fellow disorganized mom, I do understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is the Original Paper Chaser. I don't blog about him, but if I did, I would insert a picture of his "filing system" in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is just worst! I try very hard to keep all our junk in order but it can get so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. You need a "someplace safe" cabinet. I do too, 'cause I always put something "someplace safe" and then can't find it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. God that sounds frustrating!

    My special places for imortant documents tend to move around the house - so I've found myself in the same situation on many an occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm laughing over here, because I am CONSTANTLY putting things "someplace safe" and then completely forgetting where the safe place is. Many an object has been lost in the black hole of "someplace safe" in my house. Arrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what's going on with me lately in the placing important papers in the special place. I have misplaced 2 important papers the last 2 months. One of them was my rebate check from Costco. Brilliant, eh? Sometimes I think I am going insane with all of the papers. UGH!! That is so frustrating for you,I feel your pain. Just got a shredder today too to try and organize the mountain of papers accumulating my old shredder that just broke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the worst--when I can't find something I become instantly obsessed and can't do anything until I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That happens to me ALL THE TIME. I have lost track of all my special places. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate losing crap. I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will eventually find the blue voucher next to the Christmas presents that you hid last year and couldn't find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try so hard to be organized...I try...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I HATE it when I do things like that. It's so incredibly frustrating. I love your tagline though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I had even just a little money for the number of times my husband has rolled his eyes at me for doing this same thing, I would never need to find another valuable piece of paper.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!