Friday, September 5, 2008

Second Annual Sprinkles Cupcake Indulgence


Once again a gorgeous box of Sprinkles Cupcakes from Beverly Hills has delighted my home. Now mind you, not only are Sprinkles Cupcakes a taste sensation, they are simply beautiful. All cupcakes are adorned with different sprinkles or their signature (and I believe trademarked) candy circles, which help decipher the flavors.

Hubby was returning on Tuesday, so I eagerly printed out the cupcake flavor schedule from their website. Now mind you, I just realized that I missed the big debut of BH 90210 on the day the cupcakes arrived from 90210, shame on me! It's probably fair to say television was not on my mind that evening. His flight came in after dinner, so thoughts of black and white, lemon coconut, and pb chip were filling my head, not a balding Luke Perry. Oh the anticipation.

Last year, J had to purchase the cupcakes the day prior because of his schedule the morning of his flight. But this year, he picked up the cupcakes the morning of his flight. The Sprinkles' employee boxed them and then bagged them with a ziploc style bag to seal in the freshness. Yes, I said seal in the freshness, they tasted like they were baked in my home that afternoon, not almost 1,000 miles away.

Honestly, I haven't met a cupcake that compares to a Sprinkles Cupcake. We know cupcakes are all the rage, so I've had to do my fair share of taste testing everywhere they pop up. The original stands above the rest.

Let's move onto my picks for a favorite this year! First I would like to share that same day fresh completely changed my opinion of their chocolate cupcakes. They were not dry in the least bit, but moist and balanced with just the right amount of frosting. Although, yet again this year, it was the Lemon Coconut (madagascar bourbon vanilla cake with lemon coconut cream cheese frosting) that beat out the more traditional flavors for me. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate, but there is something special about lemon and vanilla in a cupcake. When I think of lemon, my lips want to pucker, but not with a Sprinkles Lemon Coconut. The dimension of flavor, sweet with a little sour, moist coupled with the chewiness of the coconut, with a hint of warmth from the vanilla was absolutely delicious. 

The other flavors from my Tuesday Sampling- Black and White, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Orange, Peanut Butter Chip, Red Velvet, Strawberry, Chocolate Coconut, Vanilla, Vanilla Milk Chocolate, and a special flavor Almond Chocolate. 

I believe what sets Sprinkles apart from anything I tasted around here in Denver is the depth of flavor, backed by a rich moist cupcake. Using high quality ingredients low and behold delivers a superior product. Even though I have a content belly from sampling cupcakes for three days now, I still dream of the day I sink my teeth into a Sprinkles Chai Latte cupcake. Chai flavors in a cupcake is what I would consider to be heavenly, because I was Chai fanatic before I fell wistfully for a Sprinkles cupcake. Someday, someday... 

Click here or here for my inaugural Sprinkles Cupcake experience (or for an illegal snapshot inside, ooh that daring hubby of mine).

Thank you J for gracing me with Sprinkles Delight yet again!

---

22 comments:

  1. I wonder if in n out travels that well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those sound amazing. What a great thing to look forward to! Makes hubby-out-of-town for 2 weeks almost worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut butter chip please!! Oh, sometimes I wish I lived in a real city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh!! I went to the Sprinkles site and they're coming to Philadelphia!! 45 minutes is not too far to drive for cupcakes...is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those cupcakes sound amazing! I love lemon anything.

    I am very jealous of you and your cupcakes but you deserve them after having to be without your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those do look yummy! Williams-Sonoma carries their mix, have you seen it? I haven't checked to see if DC has one of those. Cakelove is big out here and it's okay. I found the cupcakes a bit dry. I would love to try Luna Moon Cupcakery in Alexandria, VA. They sell a Mexican chocolate pudding cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I'm intrigued. And I'm in the DC area - so I'm thinking I need ot check out Luna Moom Cupcakery... I actually love making my own and have a really easy frosting recipe that has of yet to meet it's match (at least in my mind). Now I want a Sprinkles cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it possible to lust after a cupcake?? I even linked to Sprinkles in the hope that they could overnight ship to Nowhereville Midwest. No luck. Drat! Were the peanut butter chips in a chocolate cupcake? Because that would be perfection. I do like your idea of a Chai cupcake though. I think I could get into that.

    Thanks for making me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have one in Dallas--I thought it was OK and heard from others it's just not as good as the BH ones....enjoy your treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am kicking myself that I didnt have my husband bring home sprinkles when he was in Palo Alto last weekend...ugh..though he would have thought I was nuts if I made him do that...anyways, I still have 90210 on my DVR if you want to come over and watch it...though it may be online on the CW to watch..it was great and look forward to the whole season;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for the sample i loved the red velvet. Unfortunatly chances of trip to CA=0 so chances of sprinkles=0. until one opens here i will be frequenting happy cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man... I am reading this after two days of fitness boot camp and am so hungry for a cup cake.

    Yummy. MUST have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you need to make tv more of a priority in your life. Really, is there any excuse for missing the debut of 90210?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it just me or do they look like boobs?

    What's wrong with me?

    Don't answer that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sad that there isn't a Boston location yet!

    *sigh*

    I voted Boston as next, who's with me?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your husband is a king among men, may I just say. Those look & sound outrageously delicious.

    I think we should meet somewhere in the midwest, me with my St. Cupcake treats from Portland and you with your Sprinkles and we'll have a cupcake orgy. So to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I live only about an hour and a half away from BH and I STILL haven't made it to Sprinkles. It's like I'm not a real Southern Californian or something.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, those look and sounds amazing. I've never been there, I only live a couple hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those look so GOOD!!! Thanks for the temptation!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!