Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Tips: Birthday Magic Streamer Fairy


Well, in honor of my oldest daughter's fifth birthday, today I dedicate my Tuesday Tips to the Streamer Fairy. The "Streamer Fairy" was an accidental birth in our home. On a whim the evening before Sj's second birthday I decorated our kitchen and dining room with streamers and balloons. When she awoke on her birthday and came downstairs, the excitement that she exuded was beyond my expectations.

Why the Streamer Fairy? Life is full of so much pressure to buy the perfect gift, to provide memorable birthday experiences with grandiose gestures, but the Streamer Fairy turned out to be a little special thing. A little tradition that was born out of delight and magic, which we all want to feel on our special day. Better yet, it keeps the fun surrounding birthdays at the forefront of all birthday celebrations. Sometimes, it's hard to keep the fun in mind when you are up crafting a cake until midnight, or putting together toys, or preparing the house for a party, but the Streamer Fairy always brings our home back to center, back to wearing a smile. Sj definitely anticipates the arrival of the Streamer Fairy over presents, with that said I would say my goal has been accomplished.

Of course the Streamer Fairy comes for everyone's birthday now. Sj talks about the Streamer Fairy with friends at school, mothers have inquired as to what exactly the Streamer Fairy is, so they can take part in the tradition. The Streamer Fairy is contagious, why don't you allow her to come to your house on the eve of a birthday and find out what kind of magic can grace your home...

Another Streamer Fairy Post, here.


18 comments:

  1. I too am a fan of streamers...so festive and oozes "party".

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! WHOO HOO!! I love birthdays. I have (since the beginning) done the Birthday Table. It pull out one of the big folding tables (we don't own a dining room table) and I decorate it with plants and flowers and the cake in the middle and beautifully framed pictures of the girls from birth up until that date. Then all the guests can see how they've grown. I might have to have the Streamer Fairy pay a visit now, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told Ms. E that it's Sj's birthday today. She replied, "Oh! She's five like me? When will she be 4 again?" lol! Happy, happy birthday Sj! Many more to come ;) We miss you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids would love a visit from her--esp. if she brings, as Spanky says, 'baaaalooooooooooooooons'

    ReplyDelete
  5. The streamer fairy has become my M.O. at work. Monday the streamer fairy hit so hard that the bf couldn't get to his desk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your little girl! The streamer fairy sounds super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Streamer Fairy. The room looks fantastic. What a cute idea.

    My girls love their Leapsters. So much that I only take them out occasionally, like when we need to wait at the doctor's office, I need to cook dinner, etc.

    Happy Birthday to Sj!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your adorable little fairy on her very special 5th Birthday! Love, K and the gang

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!

    The Streamer Fairy comes to our house too but I didn't know that was her name!

    Thanks for the fun tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday and to many more. The streamer Fairy is wonderful!!!
    Have a great one!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I am going to have to bring the streamer fairy to our house this year too! She does come at parties at night time, but she has never made her presence known overnight. I think that would be very exciting : ). I'll let you know how it goes! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea! I think I'll have to steel that idea.

    I'm off to go search for your post on plastics. I think you were the one that posted all the info a while back...weren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. These accidental traditions always seem to be the best ones. That streamer fairy must bring tons of fun to your house. Happy Birthday to your special girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic tradition. I'm going to steal it. Love it! Happy birthday, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the Streamer Fairy! Maybe she'll come visit our house too.... Happy, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! What a beauty!

    I love the Streamer Fairy idea. I never know what to do with streamers.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!