Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Blaming The iPhone...

During the week, most evenings I spend about an hour after the girls have been lulled to sleep on the computer. Unless it's Top Chef or Project Runway night, I feel very disenchanted by evening television. All the election smear commercials, it fills my brain with static, a bad static that I just want to escape. Unfortunately I'm not much of a serial television watcher. My hubby was actually shocked to see me sitting on the couch a few weeks ago, flipping back and forth between E.R. and Scrubs. In all honesty I have never watched a hospital drama, EVER. But during their season openers, I watched both. Don't ask me why. I even felt a bit weepy. How in the world do you hospital drama lovers do it, week after week?

Well back to my real story. Lately my new handy device, the iPhone , has changed my computer habits. During the day, I'd pop into my computer to, you know to quickly check my email, or see what's updated in reader, or what's up on FaceBook, and then a considerable amount of time just passes. I'd switch out a load of laundry and comment on a few blogs. But now, all that lost time in front of my desktop is gone for it's all in the palm of my hand, one quick minute, one quick tap.

Time for GL's nap? I'll just read some blogs until she dozes off. Or get lost in the current New York Times articles. Right in the palm of my hand. The downside of just in the palm of my hand is that commenting on blogs sucks on the iPhone. Or so I think. It's a bit of a hassle and doesn't quite seem worth the effort. So guess what i've turned into? A lurker. A blog lurker. I try to check in at least once a week to comment, but sometimes it doesn't happen. After the newness of my little device wears off, I'll be back, in full commenting fashion. For now, I am blaming it on my iPhone. 

(on a side note, I am a bit distracted by some events taking place in a couple of days, of  course details to follow!)

12 comments:

  1. I plug my iphone into our sound system for music most the day--this keeps me from the constant checking; car line at school pick up is a different story (but if I got a new car with an adapter that would not be a problem--like my husband would buy that ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct. Commenting on the iPhone sucks. Especially if you have a lot to say.

    And the newness does not wear off. Welcome to iPhone addiction. My husband and I don't talk anymore...we text each other from the ends of the couch with our iPhones. Have you taken it to the bathroom with you yet? You will.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with connie 100 percent. I am reading and commenting on the iphone right now. I take the thing everywhere and can't stop using it, yes even the bathroom. I have noticed it has made me extremely scattered and unfocused. I am pretty sure I am going to have to put it in a time out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband was cursing his new iPhone this morning. Something about his accessories not synching up. I have no idea what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me want to buy an Iphone.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have watched ER from the very beginning. the addiction is a curse. i sob every week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. u mean u can't post from an i-phone?
    i may have to rethink my PTP (personal technology plan) lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Please do not say the newness never wears off! I really will have to put it in time out! I agree about commenting from it, but I am doing it now! What can I say? I still love this little technological gem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's much easier to comment when that spam code is shut off. And I am going to mobile blog this weekend! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find ER incredibly depressing. I can't even watch a minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. iLove my iPhone. iCan't iMagine my life without it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, it does make it easier to me connected....or so I've heard. I still have my Razor phone (which I love) I spent about an hour the other night making new ringtones.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!