Today some of folks in my little blogging circle and her blogging circle are throwing a virtual SURPRISE baby shower for iMommy, who is due with her second child in less than one month! The theme of the shower is to offer her some advice and I can't think of a better group of people than bloggers, to give advice. So Caitlin, I wish you a speedy delivery, a speedier recovery, and these tiny nuggets of wisdom as you welcome baby number two into your life!
Life With Baby Number Two-
- Don't rush leaving the hospital after giving birth, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to just have one on one time with your new precious arrival! The housework and Boopie will be just fine with out you! Oh and btw, do make sure Boopie is in good hands, so you aren't stressing about her, trying to bond with the new baby!
- Make a mix playlist/cd of music you love to ease you through labor.
- Let others take care of you, cooking, cleaning, help with Boopie after you settle back in at home. Relax!
- Pick up a little special present for Boopie and tell her it's from the new baby, that way she'll feel special. It may even be fun to pack it in your hospital bag, to surprise her when she comes to the hospital.
- Many times, with baby number two, we as mothers feel compelled to hop right back into life the way it was before the baby arrived. Allow yourself plenty of time to get into a groove with both kids, don't put the pressure on yourself right away!
- Enjoy the time, it passes so quickly. Allow lazy moments to fill your days with your new baby, Boopie, and your hubby by your side. Even if you are all snuggled up in bed together.
And I couldn't resist this logo, I felt it was so you iMommy! I hope you enjoy it.
Please if you have any new baby advice, JOIN IN! It's a baby shower and your invited!