Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Most Comfortable Bed On Earth


The weekend getaway to New York City, left me teetering on the edge of under slept, hungry, and somewhat foggy. After a day of travel, I had to pick myself up by the bootstraps and get my ass to Grad School for my class that evening. Lucky for me, my hubby was kind enough to actually drive me both ways, I think he was concerned about my conditional fogginess as well. I am happy to report that I did not fall asleep in class, although I felt myself about to nod off when asked to skim a long article. 

My head nestled right into my pillow when I collapsed into bed, after what felt like the longest day on earth. Nothing really compares to resting in the comfort of your own bed, the one I take for granted night after night. But last night I relished in it's comfort, my favorite sheets and comforter wrapped around me. I awoke refreshed, thank goodness, ready for my first day back on the job. 

I know you are wondering, how was it, how was the weekend away with no kids?

There are so many things to share, I'm still working through the details of how to journal my few days away. But overall in the most general terms I can say, it turned out to be a fabulous weekend. The experience was so completely different than my everyday life, I felt like I was living a double life. I laughed so much. I walked back into a friend's life that I hadn't seen in a decade like no time had passed whatsoever (is that not what you would call true friendship). Oh and I pounded pavement, I can't tell you how many times I wished I brought along my pedometer because I know I took at minimum 10,000 steps a day, and that may just be a low ball guesstimate. I had a couple celebrity sightings. I ate delicious food. I browsed the finest clothing racks in the country. I lived like a New Yorker for a weekend. 

Details to follow...

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read about it. Glad you had fun. I LOVE NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was fun :)

    Can't wait to hear your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only trip to NYC was to LaGuardia for a layover in between London and Philly. There was a drag queen doing her make up in the bathroom. I really want to go back. :) Can't wait to read about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sister, i mean queen. love, keri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear about your weekend. I would LOVE to spend a weekend in NYC with my best friend. We've done it so many times before - and how was I to know that the last time would be the LAST time (at least for a long time...)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back and unrested! That is the sign of a great vacation!

    Can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We loved having you. Girl, you know how to do New York.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to hear you had a fantastic time. We all need getaways like that once in a while, especially with a friend. I love, love that city. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There really is not place like your own bed.

    I'm eager to hear more about your trip, it sounds amazing! I hope you get some good rest.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!