Sunday, October 26, 2008

Time To Watch and Wait...

The next ten days may be incredibly long, but for me, my duty is done. Friday morning before heading off to Aspen for the weekend we cast our ballots. Here's hoping true change sweeps the country November 4th!

Although there is a part of me that loves voting on Election Day, I didn't want to take any chances this year, so we decided to go early. Of course we took the girls, I grew up going to vote with my parents. I thinking voting is such an important value to embrace with our children. I love America and I love being an active part of a Democracy!

No matter who gets your vote, I hope you value your right enough to go cast your ballot!

15 comments:

  1. I'm going to try to volunteer with the campaign this week; wanna join me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted Friday, too! It was good to get it over with!! Now we just have to wait another whole week.

    Aspen--hope you blog about it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! We plan on voting this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful thing. I was there at the Civic Center today...very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed for a win. I'm going to an election party on the 4th--fingers crossed for something to celebrate. Glad I found your blog. Check out mine if you can!

    I've got two great contests running this month. Here's one just for moms

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2008/10/pretty-printing-notepad-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish i could and i am glad you are setting such a good example for the girls. It is such an important part of our culture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! Planning to vote for Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful you took the girls with you. I love the picture of you with them; very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pic is great and we are voting early too...just to have it done and not stand in lines. I appreciate your blog immensely on this and hope that change and hope are our next values...thank you for the reminder that it is our civic duty to vote!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  10. I took Baby Puppy last time around, but she'll be in school this time. Just a few more days . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. way to vote! i hope to do it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. we voted today -- and yes, there were lines, and yes, they were very accomdating of my 2 year old son and his bucket of cars he brought to play with...

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!