Sunday, November 9, 2008

1 in 1,216,793 Wanting A NEW DAY

One million, two hundred sixteen thousand, and seven hundred ninety three people voted for Barack Obama in Colorado, and I couldn't be happier to be one of those. One of those embracing the importance of women's rights, fiscal discipline, ending the war, education, new forms of energy, and being progressive (gay rights, separation of church & state, proponent of Stem Cell research).

This is more than likely my last political post. Mind you, I still have what my father would call a "shit eating grin" on my face. I saw Wil.I.am on Larry King the other night and was waiting for this song to appear. And it did over at my pal's Blog, so thanks for sharing.

I definitely feel like it's A NEW DAY.


This is the one day I wish I lived in Hawaii, where 72% of the votes went to Obama, largest margin in the USA, second place lovely Vermont with 67%. Election Facts, on cnn.

**In case you were wondering, 1,020,135 Coloradans believed McCain/Palin was the right fit for our country.

10 comments:

  1. My new dream is that one day Georgia (where I live) goes blue. I mean if this could happen that could right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this song in my head since yesterday...catchy little tune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo Hoo! We voted Obama, but our state did not, but we had much larger pockets in the state that did and that made me happy!!! I like that song too, thanks for the link.
    G~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so proud of Colorado and the entire nation. That song is lodged in my head, and I actually am enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you also noticed how since everyone voted for change the price of gas has gone down, way down, hmmm i am noticing a pattern here??!!

    I am hoping for a political post from you in january though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were at the capitol this weekend and saw the platform being built. It was neat to see because history is being made. Are you coming up for the inauguration?? ;) I've considered going, but am scared of crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for us Coloradans! We rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. c'mon you can eek a few more political posts. i'm so happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Make the switch now...The Rep. are running this country into the ground!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!