Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snippets From a Lazy Holiday

If you could peek inside my house right now you'd find, half of a lovely egg and potato frittata sitting on the stovetop, ready for a nibble by any passerby. Sj and J playing Wii boxing, it's hilarious and may even warrant a little video footage. GL fresh out of the bath running laps around the house, naked of course. There's a Christmas Tree bag full of unwrapped gifts in our downstairs (the one we don't use) bathtub. It looks like a body bag. Some laundry is haphazardly strewn about near the washing machine, calling out in it's own way, wash me. All the ingredients for the Peppermint Cookies are sitting on my kitchen counter, as I am on the cusp of baking. It's our job to provide dessert tonight and I have decided to make Peppermint Cookie ice cream sandwiches. Yum.

My hair is in pigtails and I am still wearing 50% of my pajamas. Time to get a move on. Celebrating awaits us.

Hope your holidays will be lazy and lovely. A big smile and hug to all my lovely friends around this world!

13 comments:

  1. Your day sounds lovely. We're with Tom's family in Iowa, where it is cold and I haven't been out of the house in two days. At least it's sunny! :)
    Merry Christmas, my dear friend. I'll catch you in the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those who can do the pigtails & partial pajamas Christmas eve :D

    We, too, have had a casual fun-with-best-friends night and now look forward to easygoing Santa doings.

    Very Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is wonderful; I can see it and see all the amazing lovliness that abounds your household and you know if you can rock the pigtails and 1/2 pajamas you are doing excellent!!!

    Love and Merry Christmas wishes!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely scene. Hope your Christmas was full of peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big smiles to you, my dear from someone who is 100% in her PJs. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it was very merry - have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I've been sporting the jammie look for a couple days now. I sure hope nobody stops by unannounced! (well, unless they are in their jammies and bringing Starbucks)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds picture perfect. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and that you have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a fantastic way to celebrate. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!