Saturday, December 13, 2008

Synergy, Law of Attraction, Or Just Birthday Luck...


This morning I headed out to breakfast with one of my oldest friends. We have a birthday breakfast thing, with out our kids. Just the two of us and good food, oh and plenty of conversation. But it was such a great time I am thinking twice a year is a travesty, that maybe we need to have the birthday outing every month.

As we strolled into the South Side Walnut Cafe this morning in Boulder, we didn't find a wait and were seated promptly. Luck was on our side. I ordered the Eggs Marcos with bacon, cream cheese, and cheddar, a side of rye toast and fruit. You can't really go wrong with that combination. They serve a wonderful local Chai Tea at the cafe as well, Bhakti Chai, made right here in Boulder. Oh wait, lets not be modest, it may be the best Chai I've ever had, or pretty darn close to it. If you're a chai fanatic, check it out.

Then the magic just kept on happening.

Our waitress comes over singing Happy Birthday to me. To my embarrassment, thank you very much. But she placed this gorgeous piece of cake in front of me. Today's "Birthday Cake of the Day" flavor, just happened to be Chai. I thought to myself, is this for real because I felt like I was dreaming. The cake was beautiful, divine, and quite possibly a slice of heaven. As I am eating my meal simultaneously with cake, a Coldplay song came over the speakers.

Splendid. Ear to ear smiles. Aging, it's not that bad after all.

15 comments:

  1. Total karma--you so deserve it :)
    Happy birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! That all sounds so wonderful!!

    You really must stop with these fabulous food posts. You are making me so incredibly homesick for Colorado it isn't even funny. I'm thinking of moving back and making my husband compute to Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks heavenly. Total bliss :) Happy birthday chica :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just arrived from David's and wanted to drop in and say hello and how very happy I am to meet you. I've met so many nice bloggers (many who have become friends) through David. I always enjoy reading how names are acquired...that cake does look good and I'm hoping you shared with your friend, lol
    Sandi at Hold Patterns

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! I love the karma! Too funny! I really want a bite of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, it was totally your day. Happy Birthday! You should definitely go out every month. And, um, I think you know how I would feel about that chai cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm... Chai... AND Chai cake!!!

    Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise: Congrats on the birthday, mine was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy happy birthday!

    That cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Send me a slice now!!! And enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!!! And that cake looks mouthwatering...I'm drooling over here, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a HUGE piece of cake, and for breakfast at that! :)
    And I'll have to try their chai. I looooove chai. If it's better than the chai at Huckleberry, I'll love it. Love the stuff at Huckleberry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh serendipity. Happy birthday! That is one spectacular piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!