Monday, January 12, 2009

My Hand Is Extended, Will You Shake It?

The Official Delurking Day:

If you've been around here before, maybe you'd just move in for a hug and brush off the hand shake. As you may know I like an embrace or sometimes more, but no kissing today I promise.

So what is Delurking day? Today is the day, your big chance to say hello. I'm friendly, I love comments, and if you have never commented before raise your hand and say something loud and clear. Over in that little comment box. If you regularly comment, join in the fun. If you have something more than hello to say, well then please go right ahead and do that as well. I am hear to listen. Thrilled by the prospect of what you may say because today is the day.

Delurking Day was started by Rude Cactus and that lovely little Delurker Logo, created by none other than the fabulous Greeblemonkey!

On a side note, I have a few things to say about the Golden Globes if you are interested? (maybe my insight will give you that little push to share a comment!)

One, Oh poor Sam Mendes, hold that wife Kate Winslet close because I have a feeling Leonardo DiCaprio is her
one that got away. Poor man, I feel sad for him. Looking at the two side by side, Sam or Leo seems like a no-brainer.

My concern quickly moves to Robert Downey Jr. Oh no, did you see him last night? He had all the signs and demeanor of a man having a good time, complete with some illicit drug use. Ouch. I so hope I am wrong!

Did you see Ben Harper? You know he's married to Laura Dern, who won a GG! Woot! I was thrilled for her and do adore them as a couple. It makes me smile to think Ben likes tall chicks. Ha!

Last but not least Brangelina seemed a bit like wallflowers. They are so saturated in the media, it wasn't even exciting to see them. Seems as if raising 6 kids may be wearing on them as well. They just seemed, blah. Maybe they knew they weren't going to win. Do people know they aren't going to win?

Thanks for playing, thanks for reading, and hoping you are leaving with a smile!

19 comments:

  1. I couldn't watch it, because my husband is mean like that. Although honestly, I've only seen the movies in the animated area.

    I think Brad and Angelina are awesome, but I also think they appear to be tired of the attention they get. I would be too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate and Leo do make a beautiful couple but I get the feeling Kate is a bit too straitlaced for him.

    And, Brangelina? I am so over them. I never understood the craziness. She is not sexy to me. Always thought she looked dirty in a Pam Anderson kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always comment - or at least usually - sometimes I'm reading at work (tsk tsk) and don't have time. I will have to ask my Leo-obsessed friend (yes - she still is) if she's aware of any drug problems. If anyone would know - she would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through a random search - I've just moved to Colorado and was looking for bloggers closer to my new home. ;)

    I've got to say that I'm digging sports and awards shows on Mountain time! Out east it means you're up til midnight (at a minimum) and having the wrap up at 10 was sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know the Globes were on last night. I thought it was always much later in Jan. I do love your interpretation of them however, so I do not feel like I missed out now. xoxo Keri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crap - now I gotta do a blog about delurking?!? Wasn't going to do one today - but it would be so fun to know who is actually reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am your devoted friend and reader :) Yes, I watched the Golden Globes. I've been a big fan in the past, but honestly this year I wasn't really interested. The Hollywood egos are really getting to me. I must say I do love Kate Winslet, I think she's talented and beautiful. Yes, her and Leo are a beautiful couple; but I think she's too nice for him. Even if her husband isn't the most attractive, maybe he's good in other things (wink, wink). Brangelina, hmmmm...Brad doesn't do it for me. I think she's better to look at than he is. Saw Laura Dern win and thought of you when she kissed Ben Harper ;) I loved that John Adams won, I thought that was a great miniseries. Laura Linney and Paul Giamatti are so talented. Robert Downey, I didn't like him much before, but after seeing Tropic Thunder; I love him again!! Slumdog Millionaire is definitely on my must see list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the same thought about Brangelina...that maybe they knew they weren't going to win, but they showed up anyway because it's the polite thing to do (and a nice break from six children).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Delurking Day. I read you every week and enjoy it. Thanks for the GG comments. I didn't get to finish watching it, so I appreciate a little commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya lady!

    We need to get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Giving you a hugh right back!

    I am so out of the whole Hollywood thing--I think I know about a 1/4 of people you mentioned. I'm pretty lame ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did not watch.....my shows were on.

    I am so tired of Brangelina. I am on Team Jen anyway....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello from Scotland, I'm still hanging around, although I do occasionally comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Delurking Day to you, okay one day late but better late than never. Missed the awards due to playing the Wii and lack of sleep, sorry. although i agree about Leo and Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!
    I'm not so much for the awards shows, unless there is a party involved (for example, I will be attending an Oscars party, even though I doubt I've seen any of the movies...) I do enjoy a party.
    Love your blog, by the way...I feel like I'm chatting with a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not a lurker but i love your take on the GG...what fun to read what others say and thanks for the delurking blog...

    ReplyDelete
  17. i thought the same thing about robert downey jr...and also i think sting must be sick and on steroids or something..his face was so swollen and i think he was trying to disguise it with the beard and color change..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had the exact same thought about RDJ. Not a good sign.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!