Thursday, February 12, 2009

Funny Things Happened, When A Shoe Fell Off...

A few weeks ago at Kindergarten pick up, I was carrying my two year old and her red shoe fell off. Her shoe is a little big on her, but she's at that age where she must wear it anyway. Another parent, whom I've conversed with every now and again was kind enough to pick up GL's shoe for me. He casually mentioned to me the same shoe company, which is locally based, was looking for kids for a national ad campaign.

Insert, seed planted.

Sometime later that evening, I tracked down the information on the casting call. They were looking for kids age 4-8, with a particular shoe size. I emailed it to my husband. I mulled it over in my mind. Should I submit her photo? What harm would come from simply submitting a photo or two, either they would like her or not. Then I proceeded to dig through the last six months of photos in my iPhoto library to find pictures to submit to the company. The original casting call requested a head shot and a full body shot. Considering we have never given thought to our daughter modeling, I didn't exactly have a go-to file of head shots, so I came up with the next best, family candids. I emailed off the information requested, some not even close to professionally taken photos, and was done with it.

About a week later, I received an email requesting Sj for a call back.

Then my mind started reeling. A call back? They liked our family photos. I have no idea how many submissions they received, but none the less we were excited. It was certainly a hesitant excitement, always in the back of my mind, are we really doing this? We drove out to the Corporate offices of Crocs™. We had a very casual and short meeting with the photographer and another employee. We said our goodbyes.

The next day, we received the news. Sj was cast for the photo shoot.

While I never envisioned my daughter becoming a model, I think this opportunity is wonderful. Sj has been charismatic from day one. She has knock out memorable dimples and a contagious smile. The best part of this whole whirlwind process, is that Crocs™ is a company that I have loved for years. When the Crocs™ explosion took over the country and respectively the world, we always felt proud our local company made the big time. Being a mother I can't help but throw in Crocs™ have seriously changed my life. I have a new pair of comfortable, casual, and not your typical Crocs™ and my girls, well they own about three pairs each.

I couldn't help myself, digging through my photo library, looking for a picture of Sj in her first pair of Crocs™. She was almost two years old and simply adorable. I remember the Crocs™ being a bit big on her, but she had to wear them (sound familiar?). This weekend I am going to make a photo collage of the girls rockin their Crocs™ over the years, I'll be sure to share when I finish. Crocs™ have truly been a part of our lives, every step of the way. 

Don't forget to check out the Crocs™ Blog or the outlet where there are some fantastic bargains to be found.

18 comments:

  1. Wow! That is exciting! And for a company you love so much. That makes it even better.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hope you get copies of the photos, I bet she'll love those when she gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow look at her there, i remember those crocs so well!! Seems like yesterday. Well done Sj, can't wait to see the ad and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME!!! Congratulations to your baby. I can't wait to see the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, that is truly awesome! I love stories like this where the outcome is unknown and then it turns out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hope you will post the link to the ad when it comes out. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope she remembers the little people when she is famous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun. We love Crocs in my family too!

    Good things happen to good people. I hope you'll share some of her photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great!

    I love that they're using local kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so great! Sj will be adorable in those crocs pictures. I recall her at that age in her pink crocs! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting is that?! Congrats to Sj!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how neat--but seriously did you have any doubt she would not be picked?! She's absolutely perfect :)

    Hope you get more Crocs from the shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How incredibly fun! I'll be so excited if I see her in some huge magazine next year rocking her crocs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wheeee, super fun! My kids & I LOVE LOVE LOVE our Crocs. Mine in particular were a Godsend in Singapore where I could get airy relief from the heat yet slog through monsoon puddles...

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How far behind am I? Totally just now read this. YAY Sj! :) How'd it go?

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter wanted to wear her Crocs this morning...and it's pouring rain. I would have let her, except for the holes in the shoes...

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!