Friday, February 27, 2009

In My House, We Recycle Old Food

Oh how do I welcome Friday, although weekends aren't necessarily equated with down time around here. I'm feeling like there is a lot of negativity in the media these days and it's getting me down. So out of the goodness of my heart, I thought I would share a little story with you. Something I overheard in my dining room the other day. It's a priceless story and hopefully you'll leave here feeling better after you hear it. Because to be quite honest, I can't believe I am actually going to share this.

This conversation took place between my hubby and my five year old daughter, on his birthday this past Wednesday.

Sj: Dad I made you this gift, open it, open it!

Hubbs: Wow cool, what is it?

Sj: It's a shaker, a musical instrument, I made it myself, without Mom's help. I washed the yogurt cup, filled it up, and wrapped it all by myself. Do you like it?

Hubbs: I love it. What did you put inside to make the noise?

Sj: I picked dried stuff off the floors.

Hubbs: Wow, great it's like recycling.

So truth of the matter is, I haven't washed the floors in awhile. But I promise I swept them today, out of sheer cringing on the inside. If you are having a bad day, I hope that made you smile. I'll take the embarrassment to make someone's day better. Oh and on my to-do list this weekend, hands and knee floor washing.

Have a great weekend.

15 comments:

  1. OK.. I love this because as I am writing this comment I can see lunch and dinner under my kitchen table. I even mopped there yesterday. Don't stress too much it just keeps coming back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! Big belly laugh here (and yes, I can relate....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!!!! That is AWESOME! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting comments up there.....

    LOL about Sj! HILARIOUS! Honey, I TOTALLY relate!!! I used to be very good about scrubbing my kitchen floor, but I honestly hate doing it. T

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! A wonderful story as we head into the weekend with very little downtime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Thanks for sharign this with us! So sweet and what a great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  7. you could eat off my floors...if you were a dog and into crumbs and some sticky globs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just made the same present for Axel - well, with an old raisin can, dried oatmeal, and dried beans. I think Axel might be making us some homemade gifts in a few years! I love Sj's creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just made the same present for Axel - well, with an old raisin can, dried oatmeal, and dried beans. I think Axel might be making us some homemade gifts in a few years! I love Sj's resourcefullness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have a dog for my crumbs, it however creates copious amounts of hair that are just as bad. I love the fact she thought of it all by herself too, tell her i am looking for some help with crafts at the members meetings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This could definitely happen at our house. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg im crying from laughing- tell her to come here and she can make a few more...and tell j not to ever open it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That made me laugh until I cried. I even forwarded it to my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg you are hilarious!

    my floors are like that, too. especially the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!