Monday, February 16, 2009

Latest Airplane Tragedy, Hits Close To Home

Not again, the thought raced over and over in my mind. That's all I could think as I took in the broadcast images of a three story fireball and billowing smoke. Occasionally the flash of the intact tail of the aircraft was recognizable in the fiery chaos, the visual reminder that yet again there's been another airplane accident. This latest accident in Buffalo, New York resonated deeply within me for a few reasons. Some reasons, I choose not to talk about very often...

Continue reading over at Rocky Mountain Moms Blog.

7 comments:

  1. Dreams always scare me because I'm afraid they will come true....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your fear and have felt the same anxiety with plane crashes. I know it can happen, but the chances are very slim. We have a higher probability of getting into car crashes. Just think about all of the planes that fly every day without a problem. That's more than the planes that do encounter a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm by no means a religious person but I definitely say a prayer each time I board a plane that I will get back safely. It's a little unnerving sitting in an airport and watching coverage of a plane crash right before you are scheduled to board. That's happened to me twice now this year - both times sitting at a gate at LAX waiting to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always freak out over the Atlantic, it's something i guess i can't really escape, but after Dave's emergency landing in Iceland, it always makes me think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. battling the same issue..however, with the husband laid off i will take advantage of this time to figure out the work situation:) We all do what really needs to be done...you will find the answers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always freak out over the Atlantic, it's something i guess i can't really escape, but after Dave's emergency landing in Iceland, it always makes me think.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!