Friday, March 27, 2009

Now It's, Happy SNOWY Spring!

Oh, Colorado it was one week ago I was merrily welcoming Spring. The sun was shining, the weather was sweet. One week later, most appropriately for Colorado we're buried under 16 inches of fluffy white snow. Yesterday the storm hit, schools were closed, the major highway and side road that my husband can take on his commute were closed. A real whopper. Turns out my town was the epicenter of the storm. 

But I'm not complaining. 

It's been eerily warm around here. We desperately needed the moisture. The thought of drought was always looming in the back of my mind. 

In turn, this storm forced us to cancel a trip we had planned that involved some driving. I didn't want to be stuck in our car for an extra few hours due to weather conditions when the trip in good weather is typically about 7-8 hours. IKEA i'll be waiting for you, don't go anywhere.

Now you can find us outside, playing in the snow. It certainly looks beautiful in my backyard all,  windblown and picturesque. Makes you just want to hole up, start baking and cooking doesn't it?


Time to go make snow angels, hope you have a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Hubby tried to talk me into baking cookies all day yesterday. I didn't bake cookies but I did manage to get a nice loaf of bread made. Finally a winter-esque holing up party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it. I can't go back... I would have to consume mass quantities of baked goods to get through another snow storm. And drink a lot of wine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the snow angels, snowmen, baking cookies and cuddling with the ones you love under a warm blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm bummed that we don't get to meet up tomorrow but I'm excited that when you do make it to Utah the weather will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the snow. We had one big snowfall in nyc this year and i was like... ok i'm done. But you colorado folks are a lot heartier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was too good to last wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's freezing here too!
    Have fun in the snow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make some snow angels for us! Save some cookies too;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. We managed to make some pretty pitiful snow creatures before they morphed and melted. How it affected the psyche of a toddler has yet to be determined.

    It was great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat little surprise. I hope you enjoy it, and that you get some awesome weather soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!