Sunday, March 8, 2009

Time To Pay It Forward, Want To Join In???

We all know the latest media buzz words: downturn, dropped X points, recession, unemployment, failing economy, foreclosure, predatory lenders, on and on and on, all those negative words leave me feeling blah. Then I start to worry about money and how I have to budget. I feel guilty, like maybe I need to cut corners when buying food or generic brand household items. I know any personal shopping is off the list, unless it's an absolute necessity. I haven't gotten my hair done since September. Has our economic situation changed in the last six years, no not very much. Why have I become so paranoid? Being a conscious spender has been at the top of my to do list for the New Year, so I am embracing the challenges in the economy and seizing a moment to do something different.

In this little blogosphere, sometimes you just find an unexpected ray of sunshine. One of the blogs I regularly read Very Busy Mom With 4 decided to spread some sunshine. I happened to be a part of her Pay It Forward post and now it's my turn to spread some sunshine and possibly your turn to spread some sunshine!

Here's how the fun works, BE ONE OF THE FIRST THREE PEOPLE to comment on this post and I'll send you a package at some time over the next month. In turn, you will spread the Pay It Forward Love on your blog, giving to three others, that will give to three others, maybe it will never stop. A bloggy pyramid scheme gone all rainbows and smiles, take that you cable media downers!

If you are interested leave a comment. If you don't make it to the first three spots, grab the lovely picture below and share the love on your own. We all could use a smile these days.
If you haven't been by Very Busy Mom With 4, stop by. Lisa will make you feel at home right away. She's someone I've come to adore, we both have a love for Whole Foods, saving money, and motherhood among a laundry list of other things. And the things we don't agree on, well that just makes life more fun, I mean she does live in Texas and I am a Yankee at heart. LOL!

*Please make sure when you leave a comment that I have your email and/or can contact you via your blog for your address. Thanks for taking the time to spread some sunshine! Time to think what I am going to fill those packages with, don't worry it will be good I promise...


  1. I would love to play!

    Am I first?

  2. I'd love to join in! :) What a great way to put a smile on people's faces in this economy, at the end of a dreary winter! :)

  3. Ooh this sounds like fun. I'd love to join in. It might be just what I need to break me out of my funk.


I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!