Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome Spring

Last week we noticed some green sprouts forming up from the old maroon mulch out front in my planting bed. This week, little hints of purple are beginning to appear. I am delighted. We've had incredibly mild weather the last month in Colorado. Which is pleasurable for playing with the kids, hanging out, and feeling happy. But on the other hand, the weather scares me, as we in Colorado have a history of wildfires and water rationing come summer. Without the snowpack we are in trouble. I know the mountains have done much better than us in the snow department, thank goodness.

We're off to play, I am sure knowing Colorado weather the way I do, there is a spring storm brewing somewhere that will arrive when I least expect it!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and the weather is beautifully spring in your corner of the world.

9 comments:

  1. Yay for Spring! Love that picture. I hope you don't have any fire or water trouble. That would not be good. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday. I think we're supposed to get hit on Monday. Everything feels wonky, doesn't it? Like we got away with something? No real winter this year has really messed with my internal calendar; I can't believe we're almost through March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty :)
    We spent the afternoon pruning rose bushes and picking up old leaves in the flower beds. I think our 'week' of spring is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have summer droughts most years it seems. Our lakes are so low. Nothing like 100 ft of hard packed red Georgia clay for a shore line. Maybe we could get together and do a rain dance??? Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful picture. Looks like you are taking over where Rachel Ashwell left off! Love spring! Keri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying for Spring. Well, really Summer. But I'll take Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so antsy to get out in the earth! We have had a week of spring weather and I bought a gardening magazine and everything!

    I'm planning a big project with the kids and I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish! It's still nasty here, so I'll live vicariously through you. Post some lovely pictures, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading this on Thursday, during our little blizzard. So true that the weather changes very quickly here!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!