Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hitting The Parenting Lottery

Sometimes I feel like I hit the lottery because my daughters get along. I know there's a long road ahead of us, but they are at an age (2 & 5) where they just play well together. I almost fear writing that. Like it's going to throw a switch in the universe and the sibling rivalry will begin!

Like most children they have their moments through out the day, with a squabble over a coveted item or the physical balance gets out of whack and someone gets a push, pull, or tug a bit too hard. But they bounce back fine.

My two year old seems to be most content being in her big sister's shadow. And let me praise my five year old, she has the patience of a saint with her sister. Just this evening, my oldest was having a snack of raspberries that she washed and prepared all by herself (hello, exploring independence). Of course GL asks if she can also have raspberries. Sj stopped what she was doing, which happened to be munching raspberries off of her finger tips, to go into the kitchen, pull out the raspberries, rinse them off, put them in a bowl, and give them to her sister. Yes, GL said, "Thank you sissy".

Beautiful moment.

It's really moment after moment, everyday. I'm not sure how I got so lucky. I predict mornings getting ready for school when they are teenagers, won't be so cute. But for now I'm enjoying these moments because they sure are precious.

Here's a shot of the proud big sister reading to her baby sister.

14 comments:

  1. That's really awesome - I don't think my sister and I ever got along that well when we were kids! We're great friends now though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those moments are precious. I LOVE hearing my boys play together. Nothing sweeter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Denise, that makes my heart smile. I hit the jackpot, too, with my girls. I even checked their astrological compatibility all the way down to their stars, because their closeness seemed so bizarre. Turns out that astrologically speaking, they are "best friends." Whew.

    What a great picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. I consider myself very lucky every day too. I am amazed at how both E's love and care for each other. Ms. E is always looking out for her brother and thinking of him when she is out. Mr. E is always wanting to see what his sister is up to. I love it and am so grateful to be at home. Love your new picture too :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful :) What a neat thing to have happen. You really have lovely girls there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. You are lucky. Mine have their moments. Some days, best friends. Other, mortal enemies. But I see the friend side winning out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it a great feeling? My boys get along so well and it just makes me happy. They're upstairs, right now, destroying their rooms together. ;) LOL! They have their moments, but they are the best of friends and that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful together, it is amazing how a younger sibling can look up to and learn so much from an older sibling. enjoy the moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so, so sweet.

    These days, my daughter and her imaginary sister aren't getting along so well, lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the sweetest thing! I feel lucky that my kids get along most of the time. I just know they are going to be best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These moments are a bit rare around here, but they always make my day. Love that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh -*SNIFF*!! That's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so sweet and adorable! It is everything I'm hoping for my daughters. I hope I can write this post in a couple of years!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!