Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chargrilled Salmon, Don't Try This At Home...

Have you ever been distracted while cooking? Say have a little too much going on? Well on Sunday we adopted the new pup, which is a major distraction in itself. Then my hubby was feeling adventurous in the kitchen and decided to cook chicken and salmon on the grill as well as crab cakes. The piece of salmon I purchased was tiny, so I would say it should have cooked on the grill in about half the time a regular filet would have cooked. In his defense, my hubby was being efficient by cooking all these things at once, so the next day a meal could be thrown together easy, peasy.

After dinner, we went for a walk. When we arrived home, I went out back to fill Milo's water bowl, when I noticed the grill was still on. I yelled at my hubby the grill was blazing hot, I could barely lift the handle. It was left with all three burners on medium. I am neurotic about turning burners off (or thinking I left burners on). When I finally opened the grill to allow it to cool down faster, I found this:

When I tried to remove it, it literally was dust, like carbon. It disintegrated. Yum, yum, yum.

6 comments:

  1. I like grilled salmon, but I think that's taking it to the extreme. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Oh no!! Every good cook definitely has their moments. Were the crab cakes at least good? ;)-MH

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! did everything else come out ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a a like a year's worth of carbon in one servivng! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please tell me it was not something really good like Copper River!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny. The one time I tried slow grilling ribs, they caught fire and disintegrated like that. Happens to the best of us!

    Grilled salmon cooked right is to die for. I know your hubby doesn't need this, but I'll drop the recipe here anyways... http://dadshouseblog.com/2008/07/03/how-to-grill-salmon-the-best-way/

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!