Sunday, July 12, 2009

To Be Quite Honest...


In the past week or so, I was given this blog award twice. I graciously accepted the award from PiscesHanna who is a fellow blogger from Colorado, although she lives like 10 hours away from me! Colorado is a big state in case you didn't know it. Then ADKmama also passed the award onto me. Now she lives in the Adirondacks of New York, where I lived for two years. I love the 'Dacks and will always have a special place for them in my heart!

The Honest Scrap award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardees must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.

So now here's my list of 10 Honest Things:

1. One of my favorite indulgences is dip and chips, Ranch Party Dip and any potato chip will do. My hubby hates when I eat it because Hidden Valley Ranch uses msg. But the organic kind just doesn't taste the same. I indulge like three times a year.

2. Sometimes I think about walking away from blogging.

3. Even though I am chatty and outgoing, I really don't like big parties with lots of strangers.

4. I'm a meat snob, I buy all my meat at Whole Foods. I blame 10 years of being a vegetarian, if I can't eat humanely raised meat, I'd rather not eat any meat at all. WF's meat quality standards.

5. I really wanted to visit New York this summer and I'm not sure if it's going to happen. I hate flying, but I miss my family more. Please airlines give us a fare break before school starts.

6. I miss painting.

7. I once had a dream that I won the lottery, I woke up and wrote down the numbers. Occasionally I play those numbers.

8. I love being a mother, but I don't let it exclusively define me.

9. I desperately want new furniture, but I'm not willing to go into debt for it. I browse the web searching for dream couches, dining room tables, and accent pieces. My television is from like 1994 and in some ways I don't care, but when I do get new furniture the shit box is going.

10. I don't shower everyday and it doesn't bother me one bit.

Now it's time for me to pass this Honest Scrap along to some bloggers that I adore.

Jen writes Never a Dull Moment, she was one of the first blogs I had the courage to comment on and turns out she lives like 5 miles away.

Connie writes a few blogs, but the one I do best at keeping up with is The Young and The Relentless. She lives in Utah but we've met IRL (in real life) a couple of times and I just adore her. I'm hoping her hubby will help me create a naughty iPhone application and we can retire off the royalties.

Kirsten writes The Norwindians and is currently undergoing a major house renovation, I love living vicariously thorough her blog (I dream of tearing walls down in my house), although there is no demo crew at my place and I'm not residing in a mauve rental.

Lisa is my Texan blogging friend and she writes Very Busy Mom With 4. I am a total Yankee at heart and to be honest Texas kind of scares me, but Lisa has a way of making me feel like Texas really is not that big and scary. Maybe even in the fall I'll visit Texas with two of my close friends. Eek.

Lastly I am passing this award onto Issas Crazy World because she writes what she feels, her blog is a place where she is open and honest. Another cool fact about her, she's speaking at the community keynote at BlogHer and she totally deserves it. I have her to thank for being addicted to Scrabble on FB.

12 comments:

  1. #2 - yeah, me too sometimes

    #4 - I was a vegetarian for years too. I am so picky about any meat that I eat now.

    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I think most of us can nod our head along to #2. Ditto on #10. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you got rid of your blog, that would mean I'd have to read the morning paper. haha;) But, I understand what you mean.

    Love #8, so important! I do # 1 about once a year and discovered I can make my own (garlic/onion powder, a little kosher salt and greek yogurt). And I really love Texas, don't believe everything you hear. - MH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award!!

    Walk away from blogging? Do you know how much time that would give me? LOL!

    My hubby is going to call you next week (when we are on vacation) and discuss your idea. He has been sooo busy that I have barely seen him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And well deserved awards they are too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post. Am going to check out your nominees, all new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very well deserved award :)
    I have so much in common with you!!! Only WF for meat, seriously considered stopping my blog, and all the rest too (except the lotto dream--wish I new some good numbers!)

    Thank you so much for the award and the very sweet comments. You're a wonderful person :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and thank you so much for the award. I've done it once before, so please forgive me for not doing it again. :) But you are so sweet.

    I'll tell you something, I am at #2 right now. I don't know what I'll do after the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chips and dip, too! And I don't shower every single day, either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award! I loved the tid-bits about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And this is a perfect example of why I chose you...I love your wit and writing.

    Thanks for doing it.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't even shower every other day. It's good for your hair! And me too on #2, it takes so much time, I should focus on my house and my kids, it all goes round and round in my brain.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!