I've written 10 Honest Things about me, back in July, but I'm giving it another shot. There must be ten more honest things inside of me dying to come out.
The Honest Scrap award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardees must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.
1. My words are like my voice. I write how I would speak. I find no thrill in trying to be something I am not and I am just fine with my little corner of the blogosphere, make up or no make up.
2. Sometimes when I am in the thick of a mountain of laundry, I enjoy the break of doing a load of towels. Folding all rectangles into neat squares is somewhat refreshing to me. I know, very odd. Oh and on a related note, when X amount of pairs of socks go into the washer and come out of the dryer, all matching, I am elated.
3. Even though I am lured into wanting bigger and better things, I am not willing to sacrifice the time raising my girls for a paycheck. Someday, I will have exactly what I want.
4. I still feel like there is something missing. I grapple with how to make myself feel more complete. Maybe I am wanting something that doesn't exist. Or maybe I'm too good at accepting, it is what it is???
5. I've been trying to cut down the time I spend on Facebook. Sometimes I hate how it makes me feel, like I'm missing something or the only one home on a Friday night. Less time focusing on what is not and more time focusing on the positive. Easier said then done, but I am trying.
6. I don't regret getting a dog, but I wish we waited to get a labradoodle. The hair from our black lab is putting me over the edge and we've only had him a few months. I feel like I sweep and five minutes later all the hair is back. I just invested in a FurBuster (brush) and I am hoping it helps ease some of my woes.
7. I love the way my daughters get along, play together, kiss and hug before Sj goes off to school every morning. Everything isn't all rainbows and roses, but they truly have a beautiful connection 95% of the time. It's one of the things that makes me most proud as a mother.
8. My father recently had surgery and I realized how much I wished we lived closer to one another. It was the worst feeling not being able to drop a dinner by or stop by for a few hours to give my mother a break. At least I was able to take some stress off with help from one of my favorite local businesses , that was kind enough to deliver a food order for me!
9. I've decided to commit to NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month)! What in the world was I thinking? Hey blog friends, got another MeMe, I'm so in. Sign me up, we all need the fluff days.
10. I love shoveling snow. I typically even shovel both of my neighbors sidewalks and walkways. It makes me very reminiscent of my childhood. Probably one of my most favorite ways to burn calories. Once again, I agree, very odd.
I'm not tagging anyone, as I did in July. But if you need or want to get honest and write your own list, please grab the badge and post away! I'd love to read your list. Honesty is refreshing.