Sunday, November 15, 2009

Woah! What Happened Here?

Let me start off with, I've been using the blogger "dots" template since I started this blog. It gets the job done. I don't pull up my blog and think, wow gorgeous, but I am okay with that. I really love to play around with HTML. Right now I don't want to dramatically switch up my blog until I make the switch to my own domain (coming soon, I hope). Thanks to Blogger Tips and Tricks, I tweaked my stock template to a 3 column design. Now while I know it's best to have your posts to the left side for SEO and all that blah, blah, blah, I kept my posts in the middle. It just looked better that way.

One thing at a time really.

Then I had to resize my header, with out it being gargantuan! Which it has been in the past. I am hoping these quick HTML fixes will quell my desire to complete change my domain and blogging platform, until the new year.

Hope you like it!

11 comments:

  1. I am impressed. I do next to nothing for my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!

    It took me a while to jump to my own domain name and blogging platform, but I finally did it a couple weeks ago. It was a major pain at first, but now that I've gotten WordPress and my hosting site figured out I'm glad I made the jump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks nice. I have been contemplating getting my own domain, but truth be told, I'm chicken. What am I scared of? No idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I switched to 3 columns using an online tutorial I found, but I think it was only for posts in the middle... I agree that it looks best like that. Either way, I'm not techie enough to figure out how to move both skinny columns to the right anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the three columns...very clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came to see it all prettified! It really does look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go, girl! I am always amazed when I go to blogs that are constantly being redesigned. I've had the same one for 3 years and am getting ready for a change...which will likely take me another 3 yrs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks great!- MH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Denise! It was fun seeing you at Flatiron today.

    We had a good time, especially after the balloon guy got to us...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is rather interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!