Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Gift For You, Escape The Holiday Music Doldrums With Some Help From Dan Zanes!!!

One day about five years ago I found myself driving in my car, all alone. About ten minutes into my drive, it hit me, I was listening to my daughter's music. In my car alone. In that moment I felt silly, but it was a glimpse into how important it is to like the music you play for your children!

Right about now, I'm assuming we've all had it up to our ears with holiday music. Holiday music in the car, in the house, on the iPod, in the stores, at the doctor's office, in the bathroom of the grocery store. Holiday music, holiday music. Well, I've met my holiday music threshold. I know a couple of you haven't met your holiday music threshold, but soon enough you'll be looking for new music to fill the void.

A couple of weeks ago, a package arrived on my doorstep. It contained NEW MUSIC! We all know Dan Zanes, he's the bridge between music we love and our children love even more. The new 76 Trombones cd features songs from Broadway. There are certain parts of our day, that I find myself reaching for Dan Zanes' music to give my day a pick me up. 4 pm, we've had snack, the house is a total mess out of no where, I need to start dinner. The girls want to be zombies in front of the television, but I tell them no such luck. I pop in 76 Trombones and before I know it, the girls and I are dancing on our tip toes, spinning and twirling as we pick up wooden blocks and toss them with the beat into a basket. Dan Zanes, saves the day once again.

In the package with the cd, was a new dvd (with a bonus cd) called Dan Zanes and friends, The Fine Friends Are Here! It's a live show from Brooklyn, NY! YouTube teaser here! I love having the option to pop in a dvd of a live performance for the girls. About once or twice a year, we seek out hard to find kids concerts to bring the girls to. Now we can bring the experience into our home, which I adore. After popping the dvd in, my living room seems to be instantly transformed into a dance hall.

Great news, along with my copies of Dan Zanes new cd and dvd, Festival Five Records have offered up 2 sets for my readers!

So leave a comment below and tell me what you already love about Dan Zanes music or why you would love to win a cd/dvd combo of your own!
Two winners will be chosen at random.

-------------
Contest Details:
1. Contest open from 12/22-12/29! Comments will close when the contest has ended.
2. 12/29 I will send out an email to the 2 winners, you will have 48 hours to respond to my email.
3. I will need your name and address, to provide to FFR, who will directly ship to the winners!
4. Comments that don't meet the criteria (response to my question) will be deleted.
5. You may enter as many times as you like!
6. If you don't have a blogger/open id account, please leave a valid email address for me to contact you.
7. Two winners will be chosen at random, by random.org from the total number of eligible entries.
8. Good luck!

--------
Fine print:
Festival Five Records, sent me the advance copy of the cd/dvd combo for us to enjoy. They also graciously offered up two sets as a giveaway to you!

4 comments:

  1. I love new music and I really love FUN music and I know we would have fun with this so that is why I would like the set---and I love the music from 'Music man' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dan Zanes from way back when he was with the Del Fuegos. His version of "You're Never Fully Dressed without a Smile" from Annie is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always seen the Dan Zanes CD's but don't have any. I'm sure my kids would love some new music. We're really into our Christmas songs right now, but what comes next? We don't have any Groundhog Day music so we need something to bridge the gap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been listening to Dan Zanes for a while....and I happen to have a little bit of a crush on him.

    Don't tell my husband.....

    ReplyDelete