Monday, January 11, 2010

Packing My Bags...Again

I wheeled my 49 pound suitcase up to the washing machine, unzipped it and began to do some laundry. Once the clothes came out of the dryer, I folded them and put them back in my suitcase. We just returned almost a week ago from New York and in two days, I'm off to London.

It's just a long weekend. Not even a week, but long enough to need to pack more than just a backpack carry on. Long enough to be apart from my girls and my husband, that when I arrive back home I know I won't be hopping on another darn plane again anytime soon.

Eight airplanes in three weeks. Kinda crazy from me, that hadn't gotten on an airplane in 2009 until December 25.

But I am off an adventure. Shopping, museums, tea, good food, catching up with girlfriends, a little "me" time. London, wow I am really going to London.

I'll be unplugged, so not much updating will happen. More New York stories and I am sure plenty of London stories will appear when I am jet-lagged and settled back in to home.

7 comments:

  1. do you have room for my shopping list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO jealous! I love London. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow lucky you!- bon voyage! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooo jealous! I want to make a trip to the UK to see some friends myself.. fingers crossed twenty-ten will be THE year! Have a BLAST!!!!! Safe travels... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I love London. I hope you have so much fun and eat lots of Viennese Truffles from Thorntons. Look them up -- you'll thank me later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fabulous - except for the laundry...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's crazy! Have a great and safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about both trips when you return!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!