Monday, February 15, 2010

If words would flow like emotions these days, I would've written a novel...

That may friends may be the longest title to date at Eat Play Love. Last week ended on a sour note, more sickness, more trips to the Doctor, and it just carried through the weekend. I was anticipating a nice weekend at home, my husband and I actually sharing a bed together for a night or two, and maybe even a nice homemade dinner complete with chocolate fondue on Sunday. The meals passed (I believe I ate, not sure if I could recall what exactly), there was lots of care taking, and here I sit in a state of vulnerability, pretty raw, worn down, and on the verge of tears. I'm uncharacteristically sensitive in this current emotional state and quite possibly just irritable enough to not be much fun to be around (try living with me).

That's just how it goes sometimes.

The house has fallen into disarray with the weekends events. This week shall be playing catch up, catch up on the normal day to day activities that just didn't happen. Most importantly maybe tomorrow will be the day I can catch up on the fondue eating that didn't happen. Earlier I opened the refrigerator door to see organic heavy cream and strawberries, which lead me to thoughts of sweet indulgence. You will be mine gooey chocolate sweetness, I promise.

I'll be returning phone calls and emails. I found myself missing calls and the voice mail stacking up. You know it's bad when you don't feel like talking about it anymore, the latest symptoms, the whole background of the last few weeks. I just don't have the energy to go there. Heck, I haven't even wanted to listen to my voice mail. I just hear the broken dial tone and think shit, who now. I've got nothing to say.

Tuesday shall be a new day, the start of a new week, and lots of happy energy shall be flowing back into my home. The emotions should subside, the verge of tears, the easily angered, and the desire to be around others. That's my hope.

Goodbye grumpalicous, hello old self, I'm finding my way back.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough go of it, I was really hoping you would have a good weekend. I hope you find your happy self again. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it has all improved from there and you got out and "baked" in the glorious sunshine we saw today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry :( I really hope things are looking up for you. Sending lots of positive vibes and hugs your way. - Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!